• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What do I need?

JuggaloClown

Reaction score
Where can I find all the up to date tools for creating a server? I've made some in the past but it's been about 5 years and I'm sure that a lot has changed. What all do I need to get a server running now?

Thank you!

Sorry if i'm being too general but i dont know what kind of answer you are expecting.

First of all you will need a distribution. I recommend TFS, the more popular versions are Crying Damson and Mystic Spirit. Then you will need a map, scripts and some other tools for editing. Depending on size of your server you should need a website and use mysql.

Here in otland you can find everything. Specially in downloads section: Downloads

Hope it helps, if you have more specific questions just post here.

Thank you, I'm basically looking for what the most stable up to date files are for running a server. Mainly the server itself and a map editor.

Thanks, I think I'm set up! I have TFS Mystic Spirit, Remere's map editor and xampp setup with a MySQL server. Now for the hard part, actually creating everything!

OK I will look into the Uniform Server, thanks!

1 more thing, where can I find an up to date item editor and possibly a monster editor? All I'm finding is dead links.

Which version you want to open? Don't use Xampp, this program is very vulnerable and easy to invade. Use a program more efficient and lighter, consequently, it is also safer.

If you want host your server in Windows, try to use Uniform Server:
Uniform Server - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

But, I recommend that you use Linux.
Good Luck

This is only true for people that do not know what they are doing.
If you do not even know how to set up a web server & a database you shouldn't even try setting up a OT server.

People need to learn more about stuff before they demand that everything works from 1 click of install.

Back