• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux What do you recommend?

Reins

Reaction score
Hey!

What is currently in fashion? 0.36, 0.4 or 1.2? Engine 8.6
Debian 7,8,9 or Ubuntu?
I would like to launch an old project. I dug it out from an old pc. :)

Greetings

@down all
Thanks

Last edited:
Most 0.3.6/4 servers can be crashed in a second with tools like wpe-pro. So yeah, go 1.2+ if you wanna do anything serious.

You guys recommend 1.2 to 8.60 servers?
1.2 is not to new client versions?

The master is 10.98 which is the best and most stable version.

But there are forks, people who use that as a base and downgrade to lower clients.

This looks like a pretty stable version of 8.6, based on TFS 1.2:
GitHub - ninjalulz/forgottenserver at 8.6

Other people play with the OTX server:
Releases · mattyx14/otxserver · GitHub

You can compile those to 8.6 as well, although OTX is known to be more experimental and unstable. Both of these alternatives are way better than what any 8+ year old 0.36 shit can give you.

The master is 10.98 which is the best and most stable version.

But there are forks, people who use that as a base and downgrade to lower clients.

This looks like a pretty stable version of 8.6, based on TFS 1.2:
GitHub - ninjalulz/forgottenserver at 8.6

Other people play with the OTX server:
Releases · mattyx14/otxserver · GitHub

You can compile those to 8.6 as well, although OTX is known to be more experimental and unstable. Both of these alternatives are way better than what any 8+ year old 0.36 shit can give you.

Lol o trought 0.4 was stable, so i'll go to OTX because have a oficial support to 8.60
OTX is a new 0.4 edited, right?

Can you elaborate more how to crash a server with that wpe-pro? I'm hosting a 0.4 server so that might be helpful.
They crash it with the npcs that have bad code or sending a large amount of packets, but you dont have to worry if you have a good porcessor.
I recommend OTX 8.6

Back