• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What do you want to see in a second promotion?

Would you like a second promotion?

• Yes, if balanced because it opens the door for expansion with new content.

• No, they never work. It will ruin the game & economy.

• I'm not sure.

• Other, I’ll post.

• No, I'll explain why below.

• Yes, I'll explain why below.

Results are only viewable after voting.

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get your feedback on what you would like to see for a "second promotion" on a low rate project.
  • What level should it be available at?
  • Should all regeneration be increased again?
  • Should their be another requirement other than gold?
This is not a new vocation. It's a class for the current vocation. Any and all feedback is welcome!

Thank you,
J.Dre

Last edited:
  • i would say, price 200k gold
  • regeneration increased using food
  • attack 10% faster
  • less % on death for skills and drop
  • skills 20% faster
  • obtainable at level 360
  • maybe require a special item from a quest or a task to kill certain boss

in my server i implemented a task for level 200 only, to reach level 250 without vocation in order to regain their vocation again with +20 skills, you can do it only once and for sorcerers and druids made a special wand/rod that worked without vocation.

maybe some lore involving more NPC´s that require items in order to send you to another NPC until you finish the mission, when mission ends you can have your second promotion

just giving you a couple of ideas

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback. I’m considering a promotion between level 90 & 120 because that level range is when a lot of major quests in our current content can be done. And I’ll be adding a lot of new content soon.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get your feedback on what you would like to see for a second promotion on a low rate project.
  • What level should it be available at?
  • Should all regeneration be increased again?
  • Should their be another requirement other than gold?
Anything you can think of, please post. Any and all feedback is welcome!

Thank you,
J.Dre
Im my opinion, second promotion could be used to diversify vocations... example: knight -> elite knight -> (here 2 options of promotion), one focused in defense, another in attack... same for mages and paladins... i dont see any reason to develop third vocations that just buff a bit your stats...

Im my opinion, second promotion could be used to diversify vocations... example: knight -> elite knight -> (here 2 options of promotion), one focused in defense, another in attack... same for mages and paladins... i dont see any reason to develop third vocations that just buff a bit your stats...

Yeah, it's not a new vocation. It will be a more specific focus for the current vocation.

It will be more similar to the introduction of "classes." For example, I was thinking an Elite Knight could be promoted to a "Warrior" or a "Guardian." Warrior's are more offensive and Guardian's are more defensive. This will come along with a few spells per class and if you choose 'Warrior' you'll be able to use stronger attack weapons that sacrifice defense.

Last edited:
I just wanted to point out that the poll is poorly designed.
You should never assume the reason why someone votes a certain way, so the answers should simply say 'Yes' and 'No' to be as broad as possible.

For example I don't agree that adding a second promotion is a good idea, but at the same time I'm not of the opinion that 'they never work; it will ruin the game and economy'.

If people were to answer 100% truthfully, the majority of answers would be 'Other', which completely defeats the purpose of a poll.

I just wanted to point out that the poll is poorly designed.
You should never assume the reason why someone votes a certain way, so the answers should simply say 'Yes' and 'No' to be as broad as possible.

For example I don't agree that adding a second promotion is a good idea, but at the same time I'm not of the opinion that 'they never work; it will ruin the game and economy'.

If people were to answer 100% truthfully, the majority of answers would be 'Other', which completely defeats the purpose of a poll.

Trying to encourage people to post and share feedback by limiting poll options. Hoping we have a discussion, not just a vote and move on.

Im not sure i like how Tibia handles a promotion - A promotion should be earned. Not bought.
And becoming a Master, Elite, Elder or a Royal has some meaning to it, level 20 is way to early and way to easy.

I would like to see it as a long quest chain that you can start at level 20, but a long the way you will find out that you need a small group of people in some cases and the quest chain could be finished at level 60(or earlier if you have a lot of help). In a few quests they require some items that is bought by different NPCs thats scattered around the map, and this is where your money will go, instead of just paying 20k and get a promotion.

The idea of this would be to send the player across the map and explore major dungeons, learn the map and what it has to offer. Not secret locations but locations a player would find anyway.

A promotion could give a player the following:
  • Able to use faster mounts than normal.(This require minimum 2 different speed mounts, think of it like wow-mounts, normal and epic)
  • Could give a special outfit and unlocks quests for addons to that outfit.
  • Spells and abilities could cost less mana(not runes).
  • Small regen buff.
  • Upon completing the long quest chain you get a Very Good item for your vocation that is otherwise not possible.
  • Access to new spells
  • Access to new quests
  • Access to new areas
  • For each major part of the quest that is completed you gain additional Health/Mana increase
  • For each major part of the quest that is completed you gain a permanent 1% damage increase(Say that its 5 parts of the quest, so 5% increase total)

Im not sure i like how Tibia handles a promotion - A promotion should be earned. Not bought.
And becoming a Master, Elite, Elder or a Royal has some meaning to it, level 20 is way to early and way to easy.

I would like to see it as a long quest chain that you can start at level 20, but a long the way you will find out that you need a small group of people in some cases and the quest chain could be finished at level 60(or earlier if you have a lot of help). In a few quests they require some items that is bought by different NPCs thats scattered around the map, and this is where your money will go, instead of just paying 20k and get a promotion.

The idea of this would be to send the player across the map and explore major dungeons, learn the map and what it has to offer. Not secret locations but locations a player would find anyway.

A promotion could give a player the following:
  • Able to use faster mounts than normal.(This require minimum 2 different speed mounts, think of it like wow-mounts, normal and epic)
  • Could give a special outfit and unlocks quests for addons to that outfit.
  • Spells and abilities could cost less mana(not runes).
  • Small regen buff.
  • Upon completing the long quest chain you get a Very Good item for your vocation that is otherwise not possible.
  • Access to new spells
  • Access to new quests
  • Access to new areas
  • For each major part of the quest that is completed you gain additional Health/Mana increase
  • For each major part of the quest that is completed you gain a permanent 1% damage increase(Say that its 5 parts of the quest, so 5% increase total)

Completely agree with you. I am wanting to do something special for my project’s next round of promotion. It should involve a quest line for sure.

diversifying vocations is cool but it can be also a pain in the ass, while making script for quests that require vocation or maybe with some npc, depending on the gameplay of your server, I dont know if you need to also edit the full movements and items.xml
I mean, it can be done but i dont know how much work it is.

if you gonna split the promotions in 2 sides:
  • defensive knight (shielding skill faster/ + life bonus)
  • offensive knight (attack skill faster /special two-handed weapons avalible)
  • fast attack paladin (lhigh attack weapons/ short range shot)
  • normal attack speed paladin (low attack area weapons/ long range shot)
  • support druid (special healing spells/ mana drain spell on area like exura gran mas res but self recovering)
  • summoner druid (max summon # increased/ + mana bonus)
  • powerful spells sorcerer (on area)
  • powerful spells sorcerer (on target /+ mana bonus)
just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Completely agree with you. I am wanting to do something special for my project’s next round of promotion. It should involve a quest line for sure.
Personally i am working on something like this, and i think a good way to go is using skill and level to determine promo.
perhaps a quest as well, but a steep gold cost i see as just an inconvenience !

diversifying vocations is cool but it can be also a pain in the ass, while making script for quests that require vocation or maybe with some npc, depending on the gameplay of your server, I dont know if you need to also edit the full movements and items.xml
I mean, it can be done but i dont know how much work it is.

if you gonna split the promotions in 2 sides:
  • defensive knight (shielding skill faster/ + life bonus)
  • offensive knight (attack skill faster /special two-handed weapons avalible)
  • fast attack paladin (lhigh attack weapons/ short range shot)
  • normal attack speed paladin (low attack area weapons/ long range shot)
  • support druid (special healing spells/ mana drain spell on area like exura gran mas res but self recovering)
  • summoner druid (max summon # increased/ + mana bonus)
  • powerful spells sorcerer (on area)
  • powerful spells sorcerer (on target /+ mana bonus)
just my 2 cents...

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, I had intended on something in that regard. There would be a balance. It wouldn’t just make you stronger in all areas. You would have to sacrifice power for defense (or vice versa).

Personally i am working on something like this, and i think a good way to go is using skill and level to determine promo.
perhaps a quest as well, but a steep gold cost i see as just an inconvenience !

It is definitely on my mind. I’m planning on having a gold price as well, just because it is good for the in game economy to keep money flowing, not just piling up in bank accounts or depot.

My intent is to have an entirely new experience open up to those with this “promotion.” Access to new areas, new quests, new spells, new items, etc.

Rather than a second promotion, just make the current promotion base and then make promotion gated by levels/quests/gold with larger benefits

Do like Ashes of Creation where each class has like 5 abilities and after a while you can pick a sub-class that also has 5 abilities each.

If you have 4 vocations and 4 sub-classes that means you have 4*4 = 16 vocations to choose from.

Yes.

I will start by explaining my point of view on promotion because i typed my answer and realised i should explain why it's my answer :p

Level 20 was significant when i played, the average level was below 20 and very few people were above 40 with the top levels still under 70. (Nebula 7.2-7.6).
20k was a lot of money back then, it was not uncommon to see premium players over lvl 20 without promotion. The average player did not have 20k by the time they were lvl 20
Tibia was hard so the increased regen made a significant difference to hunting, it's a good reward
The spells were really cool and significant
Tibia was a simple game and promotion was simple too, not locked behind anything silly and not tedious.

A second promotion should feel the same way in my opinion

It should not be too low of a level so that it's easy but should not be out of reach.
The cost should be significant and not affordable by merely playing the game casually until you hit the promotion level, there must be some effort... remember lootbags?
It should introduce new ways of hunting, either through content, spells, regen etc doesn't matter. Your character should be more fun and efficient afterwards.
It should not require anything tedious to get.

I am also working on a low rate project and plan to have a second (and maybe more) promotion. It will probably be lvl 100 and cost ~400k with a semi-rare item related to the current vocation. It will boost hp/mana regen, won't touch exp loss and will unlock new spells which will mostly be upgraded support spells such as a large area challenge, faster and/or longer lasting hastes etc
Of course this needs balancing against your specific rates. I chose 400k because lvl 100 will not be easy, 14 days+ of active playing (so about a month on average) by which time 400k should be well within grasp for those who try.

I've read your thoughts above and it seems like you have some really good ideas, good luck (Y)

I think that promotions became meaningless over time and I'd rather see promotions being removed and new vocations being introduced.

If you look at current vocations rpg wise, this is what cip mean by their titles:
  • sorcerer mastered his art
  • druid advanced in their hierarchy (tribal thing of respecting the elders)
  • paladin is now the official servant of the crown (think of the inquisition kind of service)
  • knight got into some special forces
if you look at original promotion, it could be received from the king or the queen so promotion meant becoming their direct servants

Last edited:
Back