• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What exactly is an "authentic" 7.4 ot?

AsianPotato

Solutions
Reaction score
I just saw a post on a thread which was asking someone to make an authentic 7.4 ot without shit staff basically. I've seen a few similar posts over the years but the thing is I never really understood what exactly those people want because OTS like that have existed and yet they all seem to die shortly after release and need to be reset every month, that or they just disappear and reappear under a different name.

Only reason I can think of as to why people ask for an OTS like that is because they're blinded by nostalgia, they try out an OTS which is exactly what they ask for and then quit it and blame it on shit staff/bots when it is in fact their fault for playing an outdated game and not enjoying it like they used to.

If you can change my mind, I'll host an authentic 7.4 OT with a few changes that YOU want.

Does it need anti-bot? In my eyes it's pointless as people will simply make macroes anyway. Took me literally 30 minutes to make a bot that shoots sd's at my target on real-war about a year ago(made it for fun, didn't actually use it) I can see it being useful to stop cavebotters though.

Would events be fine as the only custom feature? I was thinking of PVP-focused events such as a battle royale event where you start with no EQ and have to loot randomly spawned chests for gear/runes. Last man standing wins. Winners get rewarded with unique rewards (purely cosmetic).

What's stopping you from playing OTS such as original tibia/medivia? Can't really think of any other 7.4 OTS with a decent population right now that have an authentic feel.

I just saw a post on a thread which was asking someone to make an authentic 7.4 ot without shit staff basically. I've seen a few similar posts over the years but the thing is I never really understood what exactly those people want because OTS like that have existed and yet they all seem to die shortly after release and need to be reset every month, that or they just disappear and reappear under a different name.

Only reason I can think of as to why people ask for an OTS like that is because they're blinded by nostalgia, they try out an OTS which is exactly what they ask for and then quit it and blame it on shit staff/bots when it is in fact their fault for playing an outdated game and not enjoying it like they used to.

If you can change my mind, I'll host an authentic 7.4 OT with a few changes that YOU want.

Does it need anti-bot? In my eyes it's pointless as people will simply make macroes anyway. Took me literally 30 minutes to make a bot that shoots sd's at my target on real-war about a year ago(made it for fun, didn't actually use it) I can see it being useful to stop cavebotters though.

Would events be fine as the only custom feature? I was thinking of PVP-focused events such as a battle royale event where you start with no EQ and have to loot randomly spawned chests for gear/runes. Last man standing wins. Winners get rewarded with unique rewards (purely cosmetic).

What's stopping you from playing OTS such as original tibia/medivia? Can't really think of any other 7.4 OTS with a decent population right now that have an authentic feel.

You don't have authentic 7.4. Authentic 7.4 is far more than the ones that exist now. It's easily noticable if you had a high lvl back then and knew more about about the game.

You don't have authentic 7.4. Authentic 7.4 is far more than the ones that exist now. It's easily noticable if you had a high lvl back then and knew more about about the game.
So was medivia authentic when it first came out?

I really wish to know this, though. It's one thing holding me back from finally publishing my (albeit uncomplete due to quests and general mechanics) OT

You're wrong, there is one - Classictibia.com. About server being authentic or not - I think that too many custom changes can break the nostalgia feeling, we can all experience that on medivia after new update, a lot of people quit the game. It's also about community - people selling runes to each other or gathering for banshee quest, which was quite a big deal back in the days and it's hardly profitable to do in newer versions of tibia as you can make better loot hunting monsters.

One tricky part is recreating the atmosphere. Without a big and sustainable playerbase you can run a 100% copy of Cipsoft 7.4 and it won't feel authentic.

Back