• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to the OT community?

I bump because i enjoyed to read everyones minds.. xD

I think there are many reasons why this community have go on this way.
BUT, what you guys think is the MAIN reason?

Yes you did bro, but there is 1081 online on OTland.

Deducting those who don't speak english and those who just joined and only came for scripts/maps/servers/etc. we only got about max 400, and then, even then not all of them would feel like answering.

someone really needs to make a site, user-friendly, to transform the newcomers into experienced members. we really need a wiki (or something alike), with solutions for usual problems, and tutorials on every single thing. that would transform the ot-community.

Again, it transformed with the internet community. i dont see why theres further arguements towards this

because of threads like this. Too many people complaining, not enough support. Everyone wants to be fed without earning the very food on their plates.

Take up a trade, mapper, designer or coder.

Things like hosting need scripting knowledge to an extent anyway and anyone can host so that's redundant unless you have a mega ram pc.

I wonder what happened to the OT community?
We got an awesome community until kids (lpe95,gamersdont... etc) came and fked it up.
Attention horny bitc*es!

Well let me tell you something, 1; He started this bullshit ;2 i came here to find stuffs like data packs , maps , and i came here also for get some help with my ot, problems on my server. And i came here for teach me Script,htlm,Design, until this fagg*t gamersdont F*ck up.

Well thanks to otland they took down otfans now i can't get more help, Just otland and vapus. Otfans i got there a lot of help. Untill MARK took it down. If it was Mark.

because of threads like this. Too many people complaining, not enough support. Everyone wants to be fed without earning the very food on their plates.

Take up a trade, mapper, designer or coder.

Things like hosting need scripting knowledge to an extent anyway and anyone can host so that's redundant unless you have a mega ram pc.

So you think this is an complaint? Well, take it easy how you spellin..
If you read the post again, and read it carefully because you seems don't understand.

What i asked is why this community around OT have goes this way.
And also don't say "because of threads like this. Too many people complaining, not enough support." when you only got 151 post in support of your 3660 posts.

This is what i mean, where have this damn community goes?

I have been around OT's and Tibia from 7.1 up to 8.1/2 can't really remember exact years but back then only few selected people had OT's and were using donations to fund their projects. I personaly was just into that and yes I was a kid 10-13 I had some to none understanding of life and others but I never did want to "HACK" or "DDoS" anything, I mean really back then you could have a server without worrying about "DDos"ing donations would cost more back then because now you have to really invest in some protection.

Since then i gathered a large ammount of knowledge and I think now is a great time to start my long desired project. I just hope I'm not too late to start an OT. I am just looking to gather enough donations to cover hosting/domain and protection costs. If so is desired I will keep my bills Open to everyone.

This just went off topic.

To be back on topic. Kids, destroyed pretty much any community these days, i know few forums I have been on for a long time they are just dying because of same or similar reasons. There should be a selection process in which those kids get perma-banned from using and if they are not above 16-18 they could not get on. Yes I would ask everyone for an ID i would be that desperate!

:)

P.S.

Why new account? Well I was a kid back then I can't even remember name nor e-mail :/

maybe with luck the community will be restored when the majority of botters/ddosers/donators are growing up..
except they got 0 knowledge as soon they want to make something nice T_T

maybe with luck the community will be restored when the majority of botters/ddosers/donators are growing up..
except they got 0 knowledge as soon they want to make something nice T_T

If we count on every year who is comming. If there are 10% experienced ppls, 20% hackers, 50% Kids, who want download&run server for donations, 20% who really want to learn something and create something nice.

Then we have really problems ;p

"NOTE" This is just an example of what i think, i maybe have wrong. But tell me, who knows? ;p

J
What i asked is why this community around OT have goes this way.
And also don't say "because of threads like this. Too many people complaining, not enough support." when you only got 151 post in support of your 3660 posts.

This is what i mean, where have this damn community goes?
Plus the 50000 inboxes I have asking for help. Plus the 100000 Skype messages.
Do remember I am a mapper first. So until January this year I hardly knew any scripting. I took it upon my self to lean and I have helped a vast amount since. I help people with otclient, on the original otclient.info site I contributed, I have helped numerous small projects that ask me for a few small maps, still map on two projects as well as help others that ask me. So I don't do enough? I try to help in support when I know how to help. I'm not a pro at lua, I'm learning still. I haven't had a great deal of time to learn it and when I have been Learning I've released the codes I create. You may also check my request and premium posts in which I offered support. So yes, it is threads like these.
I did not say you, I mean everyone within it. People love to add their own theories but don't even attempt to counter it. I am the only one who has helped gamers don't from day1. I am the only one who seems to help whenever I can and most the time when I can't I take the time out to try and learn it or point them in the direction to the right support. You can't say I don't do anything when I clearly do.

Right now I'm helping a javier morales with some scripts for he is struggling with and how he can imement his sprites. On top of that, the codes I do release/offer support on I put so much detail or them to understand each line/function unlike most. So if you're going to say I'm getting on my high horse and doing fuck all, then maybe you should ask around and do your research.

I never once said you are complaining. I said threads like this because you get people who complain but do nothing to help within the threads. I know you offer a lot of support - but I am
Still learning lua so what else can I do but offer help to what I know of?

- - - Updated - - -

E.g http://otland.net/f21/what-happened-ot-community-183625/index6.html#post1790464

- - - Updated - - -

Mind spelling- iPhone is shit to type with with cold hands xD

Last edited:
Back