• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is AAC?

dawnking

Reaction score
I've found and using a AAC, there are a few here: Znote AAC, Gesior AAC, Nicaw AAC
But what the hell means AAC?

Solution
Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen...

1643659798691.png

In the ancient history of OT lore, you would have to login on a server with 1/1 and play on a character that would reset everytime you logout. If you found the OT interesting, you would ask a GM if he could manually create a private account for you. And he would have to modify XML files, or add entries manually into the database, often by typing SQL queries by hand.

Then a GM got too tired of writing new accounts for new players, it was easy to mess up and crash the server if he had a typo. So he created a website where players could register an account on their own without his intervention, thus, an Automatic Account Creator was made. (AAC).

It was such a big milestone for the...

1643659798691.png

In the ancient history of OT lore, you would have to login on a server with 1/1 and play on a character that would reset everytime you logout. If you found the OT interesting, you would ask a GM if he could manually create a private account for you. And he would have to modify XML files, or add entries manually into the database, often by typing SQL queries by hand.

Then a GM got too tired of writing new accounts for new players, it was easy to mess up and crash the server if he had a typo. So he created a website where players could register an account on their own without his intervention, thus, an Automatic Account Creator was made. (AAC).

It was such a big milestone for the OT community, that we kept using the acronym AAC when creating more modern and comprehensive website projects. It is an acronym lots of web developers are fan of, as they too aspire to continue that evolution.

Solution

View attachment 65229

It was such a big milestone for the OT community, that we kept using the acronym AAC when creating more modern and comprehensive website projects. It is an acronym lots of web developers are fan of, as they too aspire to continue that evolution.
It actually took a while until servers with 1/1 login were released. First OTServ I remember playing was account 111111/tibia with 4 characters (each vocation) and a small map with one house and a garden and even (if I am not wrong) a demon NPC called 'Sven' somewhere near north-west. Other than that, you're mostly right.

Also the first AAC I remember was a single one-page with just a few input fields and rest of page was all white. Damn, I miss those times.

Back