• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient What is "Layer" For?

ObsidianQ

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello!

I am creating a SPR/DAT from zero and I am wondering the meaning or use of "Layer" at Items
(I understand that "Layer" at outfits does the addons/color stuff but idk what does on items, specifically on grounds)

I hope someone could explain me please.

NMuwiLw.png

Hello!

I am creating a SPR/DAT from zero and I am wondering the meaning or use of "Layer" at Items
(I understand that "Layer" at outfits does the addons/color stuff but idk what does on items, specifically on grounds)

I hope someone could explain me please.

NMuwiLw.png
Open a Tibia spr and search a item with layers, hint: DOORS.

As someone that went through the process of starting a SPR/DAT from nothing, don't do it unless you have a really serious reason to do so. A new SPR/DAT also means the need of map editor files, items.xml from scratch, not being able to use any map freely available and the need of a totally new actions/movements scripts, changing all the constant ids in sources, and search sources for hardcoded shit.

"Layer" is using for make animation or other stuff on item. Like sparkles on soft boots.
Example for ground item as you want.
Ground Tile Grass -> Layer 1
Walking Worm Animation -> Layer 2
Then you get -> Worm walking on grass, also you can use walking worm animation on others ground tiles as well.

Thats works Soft Boots, Ultimate Healing Potion, Enchanted Spear etc.

Its stacking sprites/animation in one ID, something like that :)

As someone that went through the process of starting a SPR/DAT from nothing, don't do it unless you have a really serious reason to do so. A new SPR/DAT also means the need of map editor files, items.xml from scratch, not being able to use any map freely available and the need of a totally new actions/movements scripts, changing all the constant ids in sources, and search sources for hardcoded shit.

I didn't account the sources part... I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction about the constant ids at sources and what's related to it, since i made my mind on making the SPR/DAT

I didn't account the sources part... I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction about the constant ids at sources and what's related to it, since i made my mind on making the SPR/DAT
This is the guide to put OTSP to work peonso/opentibia_sprite_pack, you might also want to check the issue tracker.

Back