• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is power abuse for you?

On topic: Power abusing is in my opinion when you are using your power for your advantage. It is simple, ain't it?

Wrong. Power abuse is "abuse of power". What you described is "power use", the "use of power". Of course, abuse is also use; but use is not always abuse.

Whether or not administration of power is use or abuse depends mostly on the specific case of its use. For example, random pking isn't an abuse of power (although it is annoying); randomly attacking any low-level character you see is, though.
The most common case of power abuse is when some jackass level 40+ is botting in the rotworms or larvas and comes by to check his character to see some lower level (8 - 20) character "stealing" his spawn and decides to kill him if he doesn't leave.
They don't need to be botting for this to happen, of course, but it seems to be the most common case.
Another case of PA I find to be common is when somebody will harass you on their lower level character, then when you get tired of it and PK them they will get on their higher level character and get revenge, sometimes being overly excessive and attempting to rook you.
Still another is similar to the one above, only where the jerk tells his high-level friend because he doesn't have a high level character. I haven't had this one happen to me personally in a long time, but it used to happen to me alot (back around when 7.4-7.5 was the official client version). This is probably the most annoying case of power abuse, because oft times the high level in this case isn't even a PA and his friend just made it seem like his death wasn't deserved. Abuse by transferrence is horrible and sometimes hard to spot.

Back