• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is power abuse for you?

ntmr

hi!
Senator
Reaction score
Hello ^_^

I am experiencing serious problems with power abuse in my server, many players complain that they are being abused by others, but how can differentiate "player killing" of power abuse? :confused:

This issue is very complicated... :(

So I would like to know your opinion, which acts should be considered power abuse?

Last edited by a moderator:
exessive player killing, and targetting of weaker players, because the attacker feels the target did something wrong. also excluding the targets from team quests, and so on, that's PA

A: Hi
B: Hello
A: Leave
B: Why? I was first!
A: Leave now or hunted
B: Omg >.>
A: LEAVE! Wanna die?
B: Wait, 5% to next level.
A: Nope, leave now.
B: Wait please >.>
A: Hunted.

Hum for me power abuser is killer another players without motives our killer player for hunt in caves, hunted for buy best house of server..

but in serve Pvp, power abuser is normally

Power abusing, well... I'd say that's when you kill someone with a SELF MADE reason, you MAKE UP a reason to bring your target down. You seek a target, and CREATE a reason.

Also, there is something else:
- LOW - MEDIUM - HIGH

Do you got a nice reason? The dude killed your rl friend maybe? then it's HIGH!

Well, you went to a shop bought something and didn't have cap enough, you ran to depot and put your items there and return to the player asking him to give you the items or die, MEDIUM. Or maybe when you leave your spawn to drop your loot and return, then you see someone else hunting there and kill him or alike.

And ofcourse LOW, would be when you just come and take the spawn, even though he've been there all day or alike.

These LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH was just examples, I mean... There are alot more, but that was kinda like the most common ones I mentioned :)

THATS MY OPINION!

And power abusing is NOT random pking...

Random pking is when you attack EVERYONE you see, no matter who. Like those who are quitting tibia or so :p

//Colandus

@up: About the random player killing part... Well it kinda is power abusing because you are using your "great" power to kill others.

On topic: Power abusing is in my opinion when you are using your power for your advantage. It is simple, ain't it?

for me pa is when people tell you to leave a spawn or hunted, randomly pk because ur just reached the pvp lvl there are many more but those are 2 main reasons i would say. Pretty much saying hunted for no reason is pa.

To me, Power Abusing is, like many others said, when they tell you to leave a spawn or your hunted. Also, when higher levels go on a random player killing streak, killing player that has a lower level than themselves, without any reason that makes sence, not something like:
"Why did you kill me?"
"I was bored" or "Because i can"

A: Hi
B: Hello
A: Leave
B: Why? I was first!
A: Leave now or hunted
B: Omg >.>
A: LEAVE! Wanna die?
B: Wait, 5% to next level.
A: Nope, leave now.
B: Wait please >.>
A: Hunted.

Couldn't agree more. ^^

@up: About the random player killing part... Well it kinda is power abusing because you are using your "great" power to kill others.

On topic: Power abusing is in my opinion when you are using your power for your advantage. It is simple, ain't it?

I'm talking about real random pking, where you really choose a RANDOM TARGET, with no exceptions. Because, if they see a level 100 and think "I'm not killing him", but they see a level 20 and say "That guy is mine!", then it's not random, because he choosed to kill him, it's PA.

I'm talking about real random pking, where you really choose a RANDOM TARGET, with no exceptions. Because, if they see a level 100 and think "I'm not killing him", but they see a level 20 and say "That guy is mine!", then it's not random, because he choosed to kill him, it's PA.

Still... that can be power abusing. And why can't a level 100+ power abuse by random killing a guy? Doesn't matter if he's higher level or lower level then his target... It can still be considered as power abusing. But of course, every random killer doesn't have to be a power abuser.

Power Abusing is very nice Becous of power Abusing other PPls is nice he get scared and u have your Huntplace for u solo :p

Back