• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is this new OTCv8 thing?

malote001

Reaction score
I'm a software reverse engineer, but I'm totally new to the new and most recent client architectures and concepts tibia has done to the newest clients... can someone shed light on me on a couple of things, basically what's the whole ordeal with this recurring subject I see it pops up everytime with OTs.. what do they mean with RSA when they speak about it ?

Also, what prevents OTClientV8 to be adapted to an OT Server? (just pluck in the id and port and connect) and why it just "won't" work with an OT (13.20)

Also what happened with the lua scripting? in the new client? is it still embedded or they use a new scripting Lang?

OTCV8 is the same otclient but forked by some developers and refactored/introduced new features. The otcv8 is now discontinued project, but it is stable enough contribution to take good use of. There is also mehah otclient which is also simply fork of otclient project. That one is still maintained and TFS dev team encourages use of this project. If speaking about architecture and scripting basically all is the same as in original Edubart otclient.

OTCv8 is perfect for 10.98 and lower protocols. OTC Redemption is better when it comes to newer protocols.
Proper amount of work can make OTCv8 compatible with higher protocols as well, but its not gonna work out of the box.
Tbf even OTC Redemption lacks a lot of features from newest Tibia, which again doesn't mean it can't be done.
Every OTC uses Lua same as TFS. RSA is used when encrypting packets, if client uses different RSA key than the server then connection between these two won't work.

Back