• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is what ?

meliis

Reaction score
I want to make an ot server. As everyone of you once was im a newbie... And got tons of questions.
Some main questions is :
What is Distributions ? Is it the whole server? Is it a finished server like, change Ip and other necessary things and start or do i have to add for example what map i want.
If i have to add an map to the distro, do i have to make scripts to make the server work?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What is "The forgotten server", "Crying Damson" and "mystic script" ?

Does it matter wich i choose? And if it do, what is the diffrence ?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What is required to know before starting an OT, do i need to learn Lua? Mapping ? Xml? C++?
What do you recommend ? ( i have a good friend who can help me with lua, c++ )

Thats it.. And remember everyone was once an newbie .. :)

If you're not over 15, please stop reading here...

Crying Damson is TFS version 0.3
Mystic Spirit is TFS version 0.2

TheForgottenServer = the distribution
Datapack = the map, the scripts etc

I suggest you learn how XML is built, how to use databases & manage servers, learn abit of lua and obviously mapping.

If you're not over 15, please stop reading here...

Crying Damson is TFS version 0.3
Mystic Spirit is TFS version 0.2

TheForgottenServer = the distribution
Datapack = the map, the scripts etc

I suggest you learn how XML is built, how to use databases & manage servers, learn abit of lua and obviously mapping.

Okey thx that helped me alot :)
btw im 18 xd

Back