• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What kind of design pattern does the latest sources use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital

Learning C++
Solutions
Reaction score
A friend of mine keeps telling me to read up on design patterns if I want to build video games. So what design pattern does the latest sources use or are there many different patterns?

I assume you're referring to the actual code since you'e speaking of building video games.

My best guess would be that he is referring (in a roundabout way) of code structure and standard practices.

There are many variations depending on who you ask, and the language. It's never a bad idea to learn good habits early (like proper spacing and indentions for easy readability), but in my opinion, before you were about "design patterns", you need to understand what the code actually does, and how to write it!

Edit: Forgot to add...

If you are wanting to get into the programming side of OTs, then C++ is the language of choice used by all major server distributions.

If you want to be a scripter, then read up on lua

the last thing you need to know if you wanna start building video games are design patterns; most of them are so intuitive that you don't even need to know what they're called/structered anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back