• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What makes a tibia server successful?

Firulis

Solutions
Reaction score
I've been making a server for about a year now, every time it goes online it gets about 10-15 players and my goal is to have 30 players online. So i come here to ask the community "What makes a server successful?" what is it that you guys like to see in a server? anything helps thank you.

• Differentiated and fun content straight out of level 1. New monsters, spells, vocations, quests, all that counts.
  • A good looking well-made map, which rewards exploration.
  • Clear objectives and character growth in sight of players so they don't get bored.
  • No yourOTs, evolutions, rl-maps, etc you get the point. While some may do get quite a few players with the right advertisement, they are short lived and shit in general.
  • Good crew, mature and reachable GMs and Admins, open to suggestions, critics, bug reports, etc.
  • A good uptime, stable systems, decent looking and fully functional website.
  • Don't put rotworms at starting areas.
More probably.

1. Something unique to interest a player.
2. Advertisement, advertisement, advertisement.

• Something out of the box, yet Tibia-like.
  • I do like real maps, with own made explorations as well.
  • A web shop where all items are available through in game quests, yet have a handful of 'services' ( In game perks ) for maintaining your server & advertisments
  • Availability to lure monsters once again into cities :). Not via raids.
  • Smart cast available for monsters, but not for PvP.
  • Active and polite staff. Mature enough to handle questions with a proper, well explained reason. ( Ofcourse, if needed. )
  • Make Venore #1 again!
In my opinion, you cannot have a perfect server. There are always people that do not like certain things in your server.

I think that all points made by me or the people above are personal idea's.
Follow your thoughts and dreams, people will come eventually.

I think part of the reason is that the owner must have a good reputation. Look at Medivia for example; when the owner started Pendulum people knew from the start that the server will be good. This is not something that you can read a tutorial about or download a server and instantly have – you need to build your reputation from scratch. If I remember correctly Iryont started hosting Tibianic (which the project was called) back in like 2011 and even before that he had worked on a 7.1 project (thread edited/deleted now). People in the oldschool community already had their eyes on him.

Yet when he started Tibianic he had some issues with duping and had to reset the server like twice in the beginning (which is not something small when talking about a lowrate with only 2x experience). Building reputation takes time and ruining it can be done quickly. It's not like Iryont read a 5-step guide to restore his reputation – he just kept working hard to build it up again.

Last edited:
  • Differentiated and fun content straight out of level 1. New monsters, spells, vocations, quests, all that counts.
  • A good looking well-made map, which rewards exploration.
  • Clear objectives and character growth in sight of players so they don't get bored.
  • No yourOTs, evolutions, rl-maps, etc you get the point. While some may do get quite a few players with the right advertisement, they are short lived and shit in general.
  • Good crew, mature and reachable GMs and Admins, open to suggestions, critics, bug reports, etc.
  • A good uptime, stable systems, decent looking and fully functional website.
  • Don't put rotworms at starting areas.
More probably.

This. It should be lowrates too, between 1-3x.
Also, if there's custom classes/functions don't make them too complicated. I actually dislike the "Mining, blacksmithing, upgrading gear to +12" functions in custom OTS, it's just not Tibia.
Keep the player interested, if the server is 1-3x, start to add fun quests / group quests at mid-levels & bosses you need to teamhunt with rare & level-appropriate item drops.
I'd love to see UH making etc being useful.
Add some drops to the Tibia creatures that still makes sense, Orc Riders dropping taming item for a Warwolf or so~

Don't add gated access quests, that's the worst thing with RL Tibia that I'd hate to see on a custom server, have functions but don't make them mandatory for the player to do/use to progress. (Example- add Tasks)

Back