• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What makes tibia fun?

ScorpionOT

uber n00b
Solutions
Reaction score
Like the title says, what made Original Tibia fun for you? This is mainly focused to the earlier versions, 7.1-8.6, as I believe they were the most entertaining, but still contained a lot of obnoxiously ever-repeating tasks, like skilling, power-leveling in order to surpass your enemies, and so forth. What would you change within early Tibia phases so it would turn out better than the game in the market nowadays?

i used to have a lot of fun at pking and doing war
yes i also had fun while hunting but i was more excited by having profit/leveling than hunting itself

but tbh nothing compares to making and maintaining friends
i've never played a game that has such a social aspect than Tibia does
(because no need to press Enter to type? maybe)

i think that if a server develops a strong feeling of community it succeeds

The player killing without level restriction, the difficulty, the social aspect.
I think remove training was good, should be done earlier.
Anti-bot earlier too.
Some kind of reset system maybe.

I was terrified on dying so that gave me a thrill of behaving, or even not behave to other players. If i attacked someone i was SUPER SCARED until i either died or the White skull Went away. tbh i cried when i died in Tibia. I started playing 7.2 but my favourite is 7.4.
But i was like 10 y/o.

Killing that dweeb sorcerer that tried to kill me when I was hunting Rot worms, and then taking his stuff:p, jokes on him since I had lots of UH runes!

(PewDiePie is right about him being an a@$%@^&, I don't have an exact memory, but I do have this vague recollection of needing to run frantically for my life from anyone named Felixs; and I actually remember coming across that talking reply bot :eek:)

I liked the challenge of hunting harder monsters and doing quests. This aspect of the game is gone now because you are lvl 800 usually and can kill 100's of the hardest monster in the game at the same time using a few hotkeys, Back in the day like killing a demon was epic, Trying to do some of the harder quests in the game like PoI and Inq were really fun. but like above said, The social aspect was the biggest draw I think for most of us.

@Itutorial
Why are u in these forums then man? :D

@Wirless
Tibia ran out of noobs maybe?
you know really i think crucial is ambient light. if you could enforce light to be only utevo lux. to get the actual visible on floor maybe then people would play but be aware fucktards are gonna break the code just for lighthack so they can bot. but really as I was young tibia light effects were the biggest hit it adds noob effect if you set me 7.6graphics temple and light set like in original client 40%? like vodka wait what... I think ...

The impact other players had in the world space- players could effect other players wither it was harmful or not they were able to do it.

People weren't coordinated, Teamspeak & other various ways of communication weren't widely used, this meant that the world felt more real- people don't do anything now without being in coms with 50 other people, you attack someone & immediately 20 guild members roll up.

There was a time you could go white & only like 3-4 people would turn up & they'd all be as retarded as you.

There was no Wiki, just in general people didn't know wtf they were doing half the time, on a large scale.

In my opinion what makes tibia servers great is if servers have story in their projects so basically what i mean is decrease exp rate and make more ani/quest and most important think is "saga" system, so as owner you create your own server story line and reward people for completing it, so its like offline video game with his own story line but in this situation you can do this shit with your friends or random people and spend your time in interesting way. So i dont know for me server have to have some kind of story in it because it makes everything different. I find really boring when you come to server and all you see is daily task npc some monsters so all you do is level up, and if you get lucky you get into fights and thats it,and after fight you go exp again.
Conclusion - instead of motivating people level up, make them explore and reward them with exp.

Back