• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What makes Tibia, Tibia?

What is it?

• Total voters

Zisly

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello!

I'd like to know what you think makes Tibia, Tibia. Is it the client, sprites, the tile map system and the overview perspective? the vocations, spells? if new vocations, new spells, new loot system, new monsters and other game mechanisms are fixed, is it a new game using the Tibia client or still Tibia?

So I can make it like wow but as long as it uses the Tibia client, it's still Tibia?

No, that'd be an open tibia server, if Cipsoft made it like WoW and used the tibia client, then it'd still be Tibia since they're the owners and can do whatever they want to it without having to change the name of the game.

me and my friend was thinking of thing like that 2hrs ago
i think that makes tibia tibia is the PvP system, the 2D graphics and the spirtes

Well my favorite thing of tibia was the fact that the people who were 200 in the past were the bosses. The ones who didn't want to hunt mostly did hang around a player's house or DP creating runes, attacking others, etc. This was really a great community feeling in my sight.

Tibia, to me, was different. I haven't played in a long time, and I know it is different now.

It was a game which encouraged exploring, had many myths and unknowns. It was a game of teamwork and struggling to accomplish tasks.

Back in the fun days you used to have a large group of the players spending LOTS of their time just making runes to use, nobody could buy them from stores. It had an actual economy and the only way you could hunt was if others on the server devoted time to helping you by making and selling runes.

Tibia used to be exciting because hunting anything involved prep in acquiring runes and supplies, and was a constant challenge to support yourself. You used to feel a sense of accomplishment by hunting monsters like demons because you knew that so few people had the ability to do so because of the rarity of supplies.

The lack of supplies only added to the enigma of tibia. It was hard to explore the depths because you didn't want to waste anything un-necessarily, or you simply couldn't use your hunting resources to do so.

The cities were hubs for the economy, but they were also battlegrounds for lurers/pvpers and protectors alike. There were constant struggles in many ways to survive in old tibia, and that is why it was fun, that was tibia.

Tibia is about the people, and only the people.
I quit tibia 3 years ago and came back again and quit again over the years, but now ill never go back.
Reasons is, all people left are the TRULY-NO_LIFERS!!! i mean these polack kids that use tibia as their income..... no racism intended but thats what it is. Everybody i knew quit, and having everybody being lv 400's doesnt encourage you to level up..

Back