• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What´s wrong ? :S

Seems that the User in config.lua is Root, try changing that to your own admin account on phpMyAdmin. Also it could have something to do with the password...

You're trying to make the server connect to the DB with the username "root", but you are not supplying a password, and as we all know, the root user usually DOES come with a password.

Please check your config.lua, the section regarding database connection.

-- Database
-- NOTE: sqlFile is used only by sqlite database, and sqlKeepAlive by mysql database.
-- To disable sqlKeepAlive such as mysqlReadTimeout use 0 value.
sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "otland"
sqlPass = "'''''''''''''"
sqlDatabase = "otland"
sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "sha1"

as you might see i have another username, that should work. Ive created a new user in privilegies in the phpmyadmin. With a generated password that i have copied to the config?..

Thank you for so fast answears, hope you can help me with this :)

Everything should match. I downloaded everything from Limannens newest roxor map. I haven´t changed a thing except the config, hehe.

Edit: Btw i ain´t using sql ? Im using mysql..

-- Database
-- NOTE: sqlFile is used only by sqlite database, and sqlKeepAlive by mysql database.
sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "otland"
sqlDatabase = "otland"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "sha1"

as you might see i have another username, that should work. Ive created a new user in privilegies in the phpmyadmin. With a generated password that i have copied to the config?..

And despite this the server window gives you the same error?

It must be reading another config.lua or something then, because the fact that it says "root@localhost" means "user "root" on the ip 'localhost' "

Yeah, im using that config setup currently. Could some one be nice and upload their config ? To show rexxar what it looks like. Just change secret info to *** :)

Thx in advance yours simon

-- Database
sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "otland"
sqlDatabase = "otland"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "sha1"

shouldnt the the user be "root"?

You should NEVER use root for ANYTHING other than administration.

It his a huge security vunerability since the root account have unlimited capacity to do anything and everything to your MySQL database.

So let me get this straight... You have sqluser set to "otland" in the config.lua, yet your server says "root@localhost"?

Back