• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion What we would like to see

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Rather than making millions of complaint threads about how you don't like the new system and how the old was better, let's make one single little thread with a suggestion to what features we want.
This goes for previous features[*] you liked on the previous forum as well as any new features of xenoforo[*] that you may know of.

Here's two that i know people want:

1. A New post feed (possibly a live update?)
  2. The anti spam/double post
I, like most of the rational people here - know these wont be done right this second. I just think it is more beneficial to having the one thread and no more complaints or individual issues.

Please keep every post to a suggestion.

[*] Adding the links to these features would probably help also

I would like a "Cancel" button on posts if possible, It was a nice feature to just click cancel when you wanted to clear what you'd written if you wanted to start over
(Yes I know about ctrl+a+delete but since there are "drafts saved" we should have a possibility to just clear the post box).

Simply colors that aren't this damn bright.

Better borders, you can barely see where Hooloovoo's post ends and mine starts. Same with signature, the line is bright, just like the background.
Better borders overall.

Live feed of What's New to the left, like before.

Other stuff is pretty good, though I liked the reputation/like system of old Otland.

Please note that we moved due to an emergency situation, knowing that you'll be able to see that this forum wasn't ready yet to be on-line. There are still things that have to get fixed before the administrators starts to add custom features and approving suggestions made by the users. Again 'please', be patient.

Please note that we moved due to an emergency situation, knowing that you'll be able to see that this forum wasn't ready yet to be on-line. There are still things that have to get fixed before the administrators starts to add custom features and approving suggestions made by the users. Again 'please', be patient.
Yes and that is what i was stressing. I find it would be better to have this 1 thread for people to "suggest" and atleast then, when mark does the changes - he can see if he missed anything important and maybe even look to this for other features.

For now i understand there are other more important tasks needed (including none visable ones).
But for now - post here - i have no more contributions atm.

Rather than making millions of complaint threads about how you don't like the new system and how the old was better, let's make one single little thread with a suggestion to what features we want.
This goes for previous features[*] you liked on the previous forum as well as any new features of xenoforo[*] that you may know of.

Here's two that i know people want:

1. A New post feed (possibly a live update?)
  2. The anti spam/double post
I, like most of the rational people here - know these wont be done right this second. I just think it is more beneficial to having the one thread and no more complaints or individual issues.

Please keep every post to a suggestion.

[*] Adding the links to these features would probably help also

Would be nice if people can get something from contributing, like the previous reputation.
The thing with likes is, alot of people give this random or people can just ask someone to give them 150 likes in 1 day.

I take it back, I thought it could be a way to motivate people to contribute, but I also see how this can actually have bad results. It's fine how it is now :)

Last edited:
User registration date + Post count ( + maybe like Likes and Points) display under avatar in posts.
Found this on Admin Demo through Appearances -> Style Properties -> Message Elements (or something).

anti doublepost was bullshit. It kept people from having an active lifethread.

and like I mentioned earlier, the 24 hour bump rule shouldn't apply in the screenshot thread (see above why)

Pages should always show up, not 0nly when hovered in my opinion.
Also, subforums should be visible in the main forum page.

Pages should always show up, not 0nly when hovered in my opinion.
Also, subforums should be visible in the main forum page.
subforums are visible in the main forum page:
mp63Ga7.png

If that isn't visible then I don't know what it is.

Just like the old one, I want to see whether there is a new post in OTClient subforum instantly.

Just like the old one, I want to see whether there is a new post in OTClient subforum instantly.

/\

What he means is something like this:

ItxN6Ci.png

Notice the little bolded chat-bubble next to the board name? Also, notice the sub-forums are listed beneath the Forum name (not listed in a hover bubble)?

I want to see current people viewing thread pl0x!

Back