• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows What windows host to choose?

Floris

Reaction score
I would like to know which windows is more similair to windows 10.

I can choose between: Windows Server 2012 R2 standard edition or Windows Server 2016 Standard.

Windows Server 2016 is the most similar to Windows 10 but why you need anything similar to windows 10 to for hosting?
I suggest windows server 2008 if you are going to host on windows or else you should try Linux it is most stable for Tibia servers and gives you best performance.

I would say the newer will be always more similar to Windows 10, but I didn't used it so someone need to confirm it.
Also, just asking, why you don't want to use any Linux distro?

Well, I would say that linux is not so hard. Even more, Windows in some terms is harder and more complex than for example ubuntu server. But thats only my opinion.

This guy made Linux super simple. You only have to run 3 lines of code and you will have your linux server in less than 30 minutes. Follow this tutorial.
SIMPLE ALL IN ONE: From nothing to a fully working dedicated server on Ubuntu (https://otland.net/threads/simple-all-in-one-from-nothing-to-a-fully-working-dedicated-server-on-ubuntu.212117/)
NOT recommended!
It's another outdated Tutorial. Do not use it. You don't need phpmyadmin, you shouldn't use the old packages recommended there.
Rather google how to do it nowadays. You don't need an OT specific tutorial to learn how to handle a linux system (btw rather debian than ubuntu).

You can choose Windows or Linux

NOT recommended!
It's another outdated Tutorial. Do not use it. You don't need phpmyadmin, you shouldn't use the old packages recommended there.
Rather google how to do it nowadays. You don't need an OT specific tutorial to learn how to handle a linux system (btw rather debian than ubuntu).

Its recently updated Jul 25, 2019 and is perfectly fine to use.

Back