• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What would entice you to do quests in a custom OT?

Eiffel

EternumOT Mapper/Designer
Reaction score
I've finished designing the idea and systems I will put into place for my project, but I was wondering about something that very few servers do well, let alone at all.

Quests.

Yes. Quests seem terribly neglected or uninspired and it saddens me as my fondest memories of Tibia were the mythos and legends made by the community surrounding players and quests.

No other game that I have played has done quests the way Tibia did. Some were vague as hell, some were straightforward, some were unintuitive and just happened by chance, and others were intricate and complex. It really gave the world a feeling of mystery, knowing stuff had remained unsolved and could yield unique rewards.

When I was putting together my project ideas, Quests probably took the longest. I was stuck between making them hard to figure out but extremely rewarding and limited, to simple to follow but hard to execute (either due to level requirements, gear requirements, population requirements, or time requirements).

I decided to stick with the old and make my project have quests that aren't forced but require a bit of nuance and problem solving to achieve. Not only that, but I was also skirting with the idea of the items being spawned only once, meaning there would be some incentive to completing it.

With that said, do you enjoy the way Tibia designed quests? Do you want Quests in OT servers? What about quests do you hate or enjoy? Do the rewards need to be significant enough for them to entice you? What kind of rewards interest you when it comes to completing a quest? Items? Stats? Rarity? Power?

EDIT: Can any mods or admins delete this thread? Saw that I posted in the wrong section of the forums.

I am definately thinking about just adding npc around map sometimes so they are like 1 day happening so not many people gonna be able to start it I already got 1 idea to unlock something like rashid

Back