• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What you think is better Intel or AMD?

Jerry

I've Been Permanently Ban
Reaction score
Well, I was trying to choose from the best. I hear that AMD is good only if you can keep it cool. I have a Liquid cooling so i don't have to worry about it. I'm gonna used the custom build for Gaming. I expect great graphic (Video card) I was just wondering what was the best?

Intel is better than AMD for gaming, but intels price is kinda high comparing to AMD ^^

Intel is far more superior for gaming and for server running.
Just look at the i7 Hyper threading processor, able to overlock to almost 4.5Ghz

Everything depends what you want i got a AMD Phenom 9950BE And its awesome

But the processors that have been over 5.8GHz has been selected by INTEL/AMD to give to the overclockers.

But INTEL is definitive better than AMD.

Core i7 set (with motherboard, cpu, memmory) is around 500-700 Euros.

Right now Intel is one step up over AMD, since they release i7. But AMD is working in something new, and they'll probably release their work soon. Still, if you want a computer for gaming, I recommend you AMD, since I believe its a bit better, and cheapper. About graphic card, I'd go for one ATI. If you got a "fat" pocket, get ATI Radeon 4870 Crossfire (2GB DDRAM 5 X 2).

Btw, check this table. (Aff its in spanish, still it can help ^^)

Attachments

The MacOS Intel.
MacOS's are made to run graphical things (specially games) much faster, but, if you want a normal computer, I'd choose Intel Core i7 3.2Ghz/2.66Ghz with nVidia 9800GTX and 3x2GB RAM Corsair :) (Intel Motherboard)

\\

Intel Pwns
i have Core2Duo E8400 Overclocked to 2x 4,5 GHZ
With Water Cooling and 4x 2gb ram
ROXXXXXXXXXX

(64 bit OS)

Back