• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whats the difference between SHA1 and PLAIN?

Tyson12302

Reaction score
So i just figured out that my website only makes Plain passwords. And it would be hard for me to change all pass to SHA1. So i think im going to be using Plain from now on. So what is the difference. I only have access to my database. It is 100% protected so noone can really hack in. What else is wrong with PLAIN?

If someone gets access to the database they can see al the passwords just as they are.
If your password is something123 you will see something123in the database.

SHA1 encrypted passwords are that, encrypted in the SHA1 format. You will see a large string of numbers an letters in place of the password.

Ohh. well i dont mind changing then. I will be the only one that has access to the DB and i guess i won't get hacked since its 100 protected. Thanks for the info.

Ohh. well i dont mind changing then. I will be the only one that has access to the DB and i guess i won't get hacked since its 100 protected. Thanks for the info.
This is what everyone thinks. If for example you're using a VPS if someone got access to another server on it, it could be possible to break out of the sandbox and thus your server might be compromised too.. Also, never underestimate the creativity possessed by haclers. You can never be too safe.

This is what everyone thinks. If for example you're using a VPS if someone got access to another server on it, it could be possible to break out of the sandbox and thus your server might be compromised too.. Also, never underestimate the creativity possessed by haclers. You can never be too safe.
This.

Back