• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What's your favorite (retro) video games? (post full lists)

e.e

Divine Intellect
Solutions
Reaction score
Recently I've been looking for games similar to the ones I used to play in the past to have some fun old games to chill with, and while pursuing that task the first think I looked for was websites that is supposed to pick similar games for me.
Those picks has all been very disappointing, most of the time they haven't even heard of the games that I searched for, so I thought the main option that's left is to look for the opinions of people.

The idea here is that you write up a whole list of all/most/many of your favorite retro video games so that people who agrees with some of your picks may check out other video games in your list and try them out if they want to.

If you're gonna post any games with modern graphics, please add "(modern)" or the name of the console if it's a console game like "(PS4)" without the "quotes" to the end of the game's name, otherwise if it's not modern then this is optional.

Feel free to also share what you specifically look for/enjoy in a game.
I'll start:

I like odd/strange/bizarre, nerdy (imaginative and/or intellectual), slightly grindy and holistic indie/strategy/RPG games with endless possibilities, and all kinds of survival games and minigames, especially tower defense games.

These are all the games I can remember the name of (many left out) that I would still like to play (meaning I both loved these games as a kid and at this age).

Ordered from biggest to smallest favorites:
  1. Tibia 7.x
    (PC, 2D MMORPG)
  2. Populous: The Beginning (PC/PSX, Godgame/RTS)
  3. Starcraft: Broodwar - Custom Games only; Cat & Mouse, Nexus, ++ (PC, RTS)
  4. Dota 2 - Custom Game; Enfos Team Survival (PC, Tower Defense/Survival/Mini Game)
  5. Warcraft 2 (PC, RTS)
  6. CS 1.6 - Custom Games; Zombie mods, Surf, ++ (PC, FPS)
  7. Breath of Fire IV (PSX, RPG)
  8. Final Fantasy VII (PSX, RPG)
  9. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES, Platform)
  10. Kurushi/Intelligent Qube (PSX, Puzzle)
  11. DayZ (Modern, PC, Survival FPS)
  12. Final Fantasy VI (PSX, RPG)
  13. Spyro (PSX, Adventure)
  14. Mario Tennis (N64)
  15. Mario Kart 64 (N64, Kart racing)
  16. RC Racer (PSX, Kart racing w/ in-game Level Editor)
  17. Final Fantasy 1 / 2 (NES, RPG)
  18. Crash Team Racing (PSX, Kart racing)
  19. Super Mario 3 (SNES, Platform)
  20. Hercules (PSX, Platform)
  21. Rayman (PSX, Platform)
  22. Dink Smallwood (PC, Satirical RPG)
  23. Kula World (PSX, Puzzle)
  24. Rollcage (PSX, Fast-paced kart racing)
  25. Mischief Makers (N64, Puzzle'ish Platform)
  26. Tobal (PSX, Fighting/Maze Platform)
  27. Super Mario 64 (N64, 3D Platform)
  28. Donkey Kong Country (SNES, Platform)
  29. Crash Bash (PSX, Party)
  30. Crash Bandicoot 3 (PSX, Platform)
  31. Crash Bandicoot 2 (PSX, Platform)
  32. Heroes of Might and Magic Series (PC, Turn-based strategy)
  33. Theme Park World (PSX, Strategy/Construction/Fun)

Age of empires 2, still play it online every now and then on steam, community is pretty active.

Spyro, HP etc.. I have all types of retro games, so if I have to say you its a bigger list with retro games, not a little bit but so much.

Back