• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

When will Tibia 11 be supported by TFS?

Taurus

Texass
Solutions
Reaction score
I have been checked out of OTs for about 9 months or so. Even then there were people running tibia 11 servers. I kinda hoped that there would be some kind of support coming thru by now.

This is just a question, btw. Just for discussion purposes.

Does anyone know if this is going to happen?
Is there still development on TFS going on?

Thanks for any input you guys may have.

because on every new version is newest client version.... just wait and you will see.
This is not the same as newer client version, to make tibia 11 compatible as tibia 10 is now. There is a LOT of stuff to add and change.

TFS targets OTClient, if OTClient doesn't support protocol version 11, TFS will not do so either. It's also a community effort, that's why it's open source. If everyone is just waiting for someone else to do it, it will never happen.

TFS should aim to be a stable, efficient an flexible engine. Support for tibia 11 or any tibia features should be an individual or community effort that has nothing to do with the tfs project.

Seems like no one is going to support a dead game (5-6k players average) in such higher versions with tons of useless and game-destroying features.

TFS targets OTClient
Wow, that clears up a lot. I didn't even know OTClient was a thing. (I leave the community for like years sometimes)
It's also a community effort
This is true, and is certainly why I donate when I can. Beyond that I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how much help I can be. How would one get involved in a capacity aside from programming?
should be an individual or community effort that has nothing to do with the tfs project
How interesting. I like this take on it, but it doesn't seem all that likely lol. People on this forum (which has been the center for the OTServ community *almost* as long as I can remember) have major disdain for OTServ development outside that of TFS. When anyone seeks support for OTX or other engines they get smacked HARD.
useless and game-destroying
That would depend on how they are implemented. I actually think many of the new features are really cool from a content-creation standpoint. I am not a programmer, I just create content (quests, monsters, items, etc) and having these new features certainly helps me do my job. Purism only hurts the purist. You can stick with the same game over and over if you like, but I think many people would prefer the additions. My most popular server was a 10.99 version so idk. It seems like people liked it.

Enjoying the conversation so far guys. Thanks everyone for chiming in, it's been very educational.

How interesting. I like this take on it, but it doesn't seem all that likely lol. People on this forum (which has been the center for the OTServ community *almost* as long as I can remember) have major disdain for OTServ development outside that of TFS. When anyone seeks support for OTX or other engines they get smacked HARD.

No, its not about other otserv developments. Its about OTX. ITS PURE SHIT. This engine is just bugged and we (tfs community) have enough of 9999 posts otx not working or bugged. If you want to use these "unofficial" modifications then use it, but how can you request help for something that is not TFS in TFS support board?

ITS PURE SHIT
Matter of opinion. I had great results with it on my last project, people really liked it.

how can you request help for something that is not TFS in TFS support board?
I suppose it's a REAL problem that we have in differentiating the two projects or, in fact, understanding what in the world ANY name for ANYTHING means.

Examples:
TFS, OTServ, OTX, and others sound the same to most people.

The support board on here is not just for TFS (as I understand it) (I'm totally prepared for someone to correct me on this)
"This is:
- A place to get support for any OT related problems.
- A place to help others."
Rules for the Support board

9999 posts
Once it's solved for one it's solved for all. There should be no need of 9999 posts as long as there aren't 9998 answers like "google it". (This is my opinion)

I understand what you're saying about repetition, I feel like you're taking it a bit far. Like every time someone posts their FIRST post about OTX you're like "Here we go AGAIN FFFFFUUUUUU!!!!"

It's obviously a popular little engine, dude. You're gonna have to lighten up about it. It's been almost a year since Tibia 11 was out and OTX is the only one I see getting close to running it.

I suppose it's a REAL problem that we have in differentiating the two projects or, in fact, understanding what in the world ANY name for ANYTHING means.
The support board on here is not just for TFS (as I understand it) (I'm totally prepared for someone to correct me on this)
Otland was always about TFS and it's child projects, you don't need anything on paper to tell this.
It's just annoying that people download some customly edited server from god-knows-where and start whining here that they have some problems.
If you'll read most of those threads, you would notice the answers like "Assign the issue on otx github", which is the proper way to solve it.

There should be no need of 9999 posts as long as there aren't 9998 answers like "google it". (This is my opinion)
There shouldnt be a need for 9999 posts if people would actually listen and literally "google it".

Also, nagging about TFS/OtClient being far from supporting newest Tibia protocols is like rolling on the market floor and crying you can't get a candy.
Just wait or do something else.

Just my 2 cents.

TFS targets OTClient, if OTClient doesn't support protocol version 11, TFS will not do so either. It's also a community effort, that's why it's open source. If everyone is just waiting for someone else to do it, it will never happen.

OTClient has stopped in sort of a way.. while tfs continues.

Also, nagging about TFS/OtClient being far from supporting newest Tibia protocols
Sorry, I think you've read someone else's post and applied it to me.
I never did that lol. That would be quite ridiculous. Though I have seen people interpret my posts as something other than what they are. (general questions) So you wouldn't be the first.
When you interpret every post this way, it's liable to make you and everyone else miserable.
Just my 2 cents.
I appreciate you chiming in. I still think you're coming off a bit pejorative to someone who's just trying to understand the community again after a long absence.
OTClient has stopped in sort of a way
I've not had a chance to look into OTC yet. Looks nice from what I've seen. Most of open tibia is dying period. Mainly because of how much time has passed since it's inception, but also for other reasons.

-Once OTLand took away the ability to sell things on here it took a REAL dive. ( I still love the idea, don't care that others left)
-There have been people here for years trying to convince people that aren't programmers that they have no business experimenting with open Tibia. It's worked lol. They all left and now the community is shrunken.
-When TFS stopped supporting new versions of tibia people with accounts on Global decided that they didn't want so many clients, so they only play the "shitty, thrown together servers from god-knows-where" because they're the only ones that are up to date.

Just talking here guys. I'd love to see this discussion keep going. I've been outta the loop for a while and I appreciate you all catching me up/answering my inarticulate questions.
(But seriously, stop being so pejorative. Not everyone knows what you know. Now you've got a guy who admits it and rather than be cool you berate me? Chill. :aimed at no one in particular: )

I suppose the point of this reply is that the more the community gets segregated into groups of "this goes there and that goes here" the faster it shrinks. We really should consolidate and all work together, that's my opinion and I know it's an unpopular one.

I just love this community and coming back to it now was like walking into a depressing alternate timeline where nothing is as it should be. I have -literally- been attacked for asking -any- questions at all.

Sorry, I think you've read someone else's post and applied it to me.
I never did that lol. That would be quite ridiculous. Though I have seen people interpret my posts as something other than what they are. (general questions) So you wouldn't be the first.
It was a separate paragraph, not a direct respond. I threw it kinda into the ether.

When you interpret every post this way, it's liable to make you and everyone else miserable.
I gave you an accurate description what posts i interpret as whinig.

I appreciate you chiming in. I still think you're coming off a bit pejorative to someone who's just trying to understand the community again after a long absence.
Didn't mean to, it's just the way i talk. Sorry.

-There have been people here for years trying to convince people that aren't programmers that they have no business experimenting with open Tibia. It's worked lol. They all left and now the community is shrunken.
Don't remember. I just remember people convincing non-programmers to learn something instead of bumping 99 the same support threads.

-When TFS stopped supporting new versions of tibia people with accounts on Global decided that they didn't want so many clients, so they only play the "shitty, thrown together servers from god-knows-where" because they're the only ones that are up to date.
It never stopped i believe.
Never said they're shitty. I actually don't give a shit what servers people are prefer. I just want to finally read something interesting here on otland instead of tenth "bump".
Also, if you want to make something really original, you don't need new tibia versions.

Just talking here guys. I'd love to see this discussion keep going. I've been outta the loop for a while and I appreciate you all catching me up/answering my inarticulate questions.
(But seriously, stop being so pejorative. Not everyone knows what you know. Now you've got a guy who admits it and rather than be cool you berate me? Chill. :aimed at no one in particular: )
I just love this community and coming back to it now was like walking into a depressing alternate timeline where nothing is as it should be. I have -literally- been attacked for asking -any- questions at all.
We all do. As i read it all, i haven't seen no one address you directly. All of these are just generalized personal opinions about community condition.

I suppose the point of this reply is that the more the community gets segregated into groups of "this goes there and that goes here" the faster it shrinks. We really should consolidate and all work together, that's my opinion and I know it's an unpopular one.
People are choosing groups, coming here with a certain intention.

Matter of opinion. I had great results with it on my last project, people really liked it.

Examples:
TFS, OTServ, OTX, and others sound the same to most people.

"This is:
- A place to get support for any OT related problems.
- A place to help others."
Rules for the Support board

Once it's solved for one it's solved for all. There should be no need of 9999 posts as long as there aren't 9998 answers like "google it". (This is my opinion)

I understand what you're saying about repetition, I feel like you're taking it a bit far. Like every time someone posts their FIRST post about OTX you're like "Here we go AGAIN FFFFFUUUUUU!!!!"

It's obviously a popular little engine, dude. You're gonna have to lighten up about it. It's been almost a year since Tibia 11 was out and OTX is the only one I see getting close to running it.

Yes it is a matter of opinion, but the thing is that OTX "users" normally don't have that much experience with running a beta server, which they pretty much are and then they expect support with everything.
And are those who wanna help others expected to read up on everything OTX does just because it's "popular"?
There is alot that is the same with OTX and TFS, but in certain parts they do differ quite alot, IMO it would be better if OTX and TFS had diffrent boards.

The support board is for all OT releated things.

And about the "9999 posts" - people don't know how to use the serach function.
But then in alot of cases we do get crash reports etc regarding OTX (and TFS aswell) when they should upload them to github (yes .. in both cases) - if they don't have any changes to them that could be related to the crash issue.
We can ofc help find the crash issue but if the problem isn't uploaded to github the next user will find the same problem and create the 10000th thread.

And just FYI, you can run Tibia 11 with TFS, the reason why TFS does not have it in the main repo (my guess) is that no one is sure how stable it is or how many packets we are missing.

"google it ;)"

Tibia 11 Discussion(+Tutorial how to able to use it)
Tibia 11 Webservice

The support board is for all OT releated things.
And it's a priceless resource. I only ask these questions because I'm sick of pissing people off. I'm not "that guy" that posts before he even tries. I exhaust all my knowledge and ability before I do so.

And that includes clicking a million links in google (first results usually) where the response is "google it". I suppose people who have more knowledge wouldn't be in my shoes often enough to see that lol. I can't count how many times I google something and it pulls up otland links and I'm like... awesome, same problem, whats the fix? and the response is "google it". lol

We can ofc help find the crash issue
It's all good, some responders thought I was making another thread for a problem I posted in support. But again, this is just a question/discussion. It's totally unrelated.

if the problem isn't uploaded to github
And it's a shame when people do this, too. Problems must be reported.

@WibbenZ You're an asset to the OT community. I look up to guys like yourself. Thanks for all the past help (though you may not remember me). You've enabled me to bring a lot of fun to a lot of people. Thanks for that.

And it's a priceless resource. I only ask these questions because I'm sick of pissing people off. I'm not "that guy" that posts before he even tries. I exhaust all my knowledge and ability before I do so.

And that includes clicking a million links in google (first results usually) where the response is "google it". I suppose people who have more knowledge wouldn't be in my shoes often enough to see that lol. I can't count how many times I google something and it pulls up otland links and I'm like... awesome, same problem, whats the fix? and the response is "google it". lol

It's all good, some responders thought I was making another thread for a problem I posted in support. But again, this is just a question/discussion. It's totally unrelated.

And it's a shame when people do this, too. Problems must be reported.

@WibbenZ You're an asset to the OT community. I look up to guys like yourself. Thanks for all the past help (though you may not remember me). You've enabled me to bring a lot of fun to a lot of people. Thanks for that.

Not saying that you are, hopefully you didn't take my comment to negative :p
If you find threads where the only "good" post is "google it" then report it and we will either delete that post or the thread if there is another one with the correct answer.

Great to hear :)

im think its never gona happen. instead we have to use OTX since they have ppl actualy working on it :)

Back