• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wherabouts of Bogart

Kaspar

Unprejudiced
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey!
Does anyone know where @Bogart might be?
He was supposed to deliver his share of a job weeks ago and haven't heard of him since New Year.

If anyone knows if something might've happened, let me know.

Cheers!
:)

He has still not delivered what was agreed upon. He took our money at around the 20th of December, said it'd take a week to finish.
We've heard from him maybe two times since that date, and last time he was online without even responding to us.

@Bogart has shown a very unprofessional behavior and I do not recommend anyone to contact him for any type of job.

Our money is gone, deep in his pocket, the communication between us and him is obsolete since he ignores us and is not active, and our project has been impacted very negatively due to his actions as well.

Just a heads up.
Cheers!

He probably only forgot about it or is still chilling in Panda land :)
Pretty sure he will do what you paid him for or refund you. I'd not reckon @Bogart would be the guy to scam people. Afterall he is the only Panda I know <3

He probably only forgot about it or is still chilling in Panda land :)
Pretty sure he will do what you paid him for or refund you. I'd not reckon @Bogart would be the guy to scam people. Afterall he is the only Panda I know <3
I'm sorry Sir, but you do not accidentally "forget" about a paid job. It's been over a month and our deadline was missed because of him. The job was supposed to take a week only.
We made a deal, and he broke the deal which impacted our project negatively in a lot of ways.
The money is not the issue. If I could be happy getting the money back after a month, isn't that essentially an interest free loan to a complete stranger on the internet?
I only give interest free loans to my family and absolute closest friends.

So don't try to make him look like a good guy here. He might be your friend but he has broken his part of an agreement of a paid job, not only by a few days of time missed, but a month. With zero communication. He just took the money and dipped out. It's very unprofessional and extremely rude to do so.
He's obviously an unreliable person to work with so the reason I created this thread was to make sure no one else has to deal with him the way we have.
I am aware that I sound a bit rude but he's just caused us so much trouble, which could've been solved by simply letting us know that he can't provide the service in time. But he has just given false hope all the time, so we've been waiting eagerly, with no response from him at all.

Maybe he has life problems tho, you never know, try contacting him in real life by phone number

Maybe he has life problems tho, you never know, try contacting him in real life by phone number
Apparently, he had a real life issue to handle at New Year's Eve, but it was then resolved. He contacted us after that and let us know that everything's fine and he did apologize for the late delivery. We were fine with that even though it was a big issue still. We just thought we had to wait another week. But since then it's been almost 3 weeks with no response at all. He was even logged in after we did message him, but chose not to answer us.

Apparently, he had a real life issue to handle at New Year's Eve, but it was then resolved. He contacted us after that and let us know that everything's fine and he did apologize for the late delivery. We were fine with that even though it was a big issue still. We just thought we had to wait another week. But since then it's been almost 3 weeks with no response at all. He was even logged in after we did message him, but choose not to answer us.
Not sure if hes up to scamm someone, seems like a nice person tho

Not sure if hes up to scamm someone, seems like a nice person tho
Is it only a scam if he takes the money and never delivers? So if he returns the money all is good in heaven? I didn't make a deal with him to give him an interest free loan that he can pay back whenever he wants to.
The way that his late delivery and lack of communication and the way he's been handling this job, has impacted our project -- is way beyond more important than the money that we paid him. I consider it to be a scam even though he hasn't essentially taken the money and dipped out. Time is worth more than money. That's exactly why we hired him to fix something for us, because we didn't have the time for it.
I'm sure he is a very nice person, but that doesn't change the facts here. Unfortunately.

Maybe he got a lot of work or something that made him too late, I didn't contact him before but he may got other big problems

I'm aware that he probably, most likely, has some hindrance that has made him unable to hold his part of the deal. But it takes literally one minute of his time to message us about it. It's not that hard no matter what you're going through, to actually keep a good communication with the people that paid you. The biggest issue is the lack of communication from his side.

I guess you can have a hundred and one problems in your life, but when you did a deal and you are not even communicating with the other part then you can doubt the truth of his words.

@Kaspar If you made the payment using Paypal you can open a dispute.

That will bring his attention (else he will fail the case) and money will go back to you.

I've messaged him on Discord about this no reply though.. Anyway your best bet is to dispute via PayPal.

Thanks for giving suggestions on how to approach this matter. It's a very unfortunate situation regardless of the outcome, but hopefully we'll learn about the reason of his absence.

I got no info about this so idk
Bogart has always been a nice person if you ask me and I highly doubt he would scam someone for a small amount of money (lets say below 100-200 eur for OT standards)

If I was in his position it would be better for me to work a few hours writing codes etc and keep or improve my reputation insted of scamming someone for 100-200 eur.
There really is no reason to scam someone if you have the reputation to back it up, even if ex I would scam someone on 1000 eur I would still lose money in the long / short run.

But as I said, I have no ide what happend so ill wait till Bogart respons before saying anything else.

Hopefully he just lost his internet (I live outside the city so I know that you sometime can lose internet for a week or two when a station / airborn cable has failed) :p

I got no info about this so idk
Bogart has always been a nice person if you ask me and I highly doubt he would scam someone for a small amount of money (lets say below 100-200 eur for OT standards)

If I was in his position it would be better for me to work a few hours writing codes etc and keep or improve my reputation insted of scamming someone for 100-200 eur.
There really is no reason to scam someone if you have the reputation to back it up, even if ex I would scam someone on 1000 eur I would still lose money in the long / short run.

But as I said, I have no ide what happend so ill wait till Bogart respons before saying anything else.

Hopefully he just lost his internet (I live outside the city so I know that you sometime can lose internet for a week or two when a station / airborn cable has failed) :p
I'm sure Bogart is a very nice person indeed. I have no doubts about that. I don't think he purposely scammed us, but he has purposely chosen to not answer our messages since he's been online days after we've messaged him. He has had all the time in the world to fix these simple tasks, and 1 week was even longer than necessary.
It's been a very long time now, past 1 month even and I really don't care about the money. I don't. I doubt that he does either.
It's just the fact that he's been able to inform us about whatever's going on in his life right now, but has chosen not to do so.
We deserve to know why he hasn't been able to deliver... It's mostly just the communication part that's frustrating.
But hey, it is what it is. Nothing more to do right now than just just wait for his reply.

Back