• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Where are the client docs?

Haxy

Reaction score
Really.
There's a reason why we don't see great modules out there, and that is the documentation.
Such a great project and it's basically useless for those who don't wanna dive into the sources to understand the core.
A real documentation instead of that tutorial would be great.

Really.
There's a reason why we don't see great modules out there, and that is the documentation.
Such a great project and it's basically useless for those who don't wanna dive into the sources to understand the core.
A real documentation instead of that tutorial would be great.

While I think most people should just dive into the code (because its not that complex), I completely agree we need more tutorials and documentation. The wiki needs a lot more info.

Wiki is very weak, it has merely a tutorial on how to compile the client. It should at least have a comprehensive list of available functions and some Lua syntax tutorial.

src/client/luafunctions.cpp
src/framework/ui/uiwidget.h

LF gogo estudar kk'
-----

I agree also... Should have more documentation about the .otui too...

1. It is not the projects task to teach LUA to everyone @ LUA syntax
2. Open both luafunctions.cpps = see all lua functions
3. You can look at other available modules which use a similar mechanism to what you want to implement.
4. You can ask here anytime

3. You can look at other available modules which use a similar mechanism to what you want to implement.

2) Most functions are somewhat easy to understand, the problem is what they do and the kind of answer, not a "list" of them
3) What mods? There are very few, just read que topic again
4) Answers like that: http://otland.net/f494/how-do-item-ids-work-192821/ ? Not really useful...

It's hard to START developing for otclient... that's the point, learning curve is steep

It is actually quite easy if you understand OT lua.

2) You have a list of them in luafunctions.cpp !?
3) https://i.imgur.com/WXwRBHV.png
4) You have to load items.otb so that the client knows which item has which server id.
If you want to know the client id of some item however you can still use "getItemInfo(itemid).clientId" in your server.

I agree, otclient is not supposed to teach lua. Well, we all know we can look at the sources or other modules, just like I said, it's useless for those who wan't to create something without diving into the sources.
Why should I go into the source, search for a function, read the code, be sure it does what I want and waste precious developing time everytime I need to use a function if it could have been a lot simpler with something like
//! \fn bool autoWalk(destination)
/*! \brief Moves the character to the destination if possible
** \param destination Player destination
*/
bool LocalPlayer::autoWalk(const Position& destination)
{}

and some doxygen?

Ofc it is useful to have a documentation, but in case you wanted to develop something I gave you hints on how to do it.
Now you can either create a new module or you could be the one to start creating a proper documentation.
It is always helpful to have the sources opened in my opinion anyway, for me that is the best documentation.

Back