• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Where do you code?

Otfan125

Solutions
Reaction score
Well as the Title says, where? I usually try to do it in bed but then my back starts to hurt :( Also, if I'm on a table my back still hurts :(

Just at my desk usually leaned back in my chair, my shoulders hurt my more than anything from reaching out. I have heard standing is the best option for computer work posture, but not really a great option imo.

Most of my computer work for personal projects (which is graphics, programming, and writing primarily) is done in my recliner. I do not typically recline it, instead I will sit cross legged with a lap desk. The arm makes a nice mouse pad

Instead of giving you the dull and boring response, I thought I'd share a bit and maybe spark a conversation:

When I first began coding in my early teens [I believe I had just joined OtFans around this time as well], school always seemed boring - assignments always seemed so remedial. Coding actually took place in class, handwritten in my school notebooks. That is where I often coded! Good ol' days... I was always at school, and this was around the time Intel Core was first being introduced. As I grew up poor, we didn't have a decent home PC. I had built my first at twelve using parts from a dozen brands, ha ha. We're talking ancient technology. Hell, 1GB USB's were considered huge and floppy disks were still in use.

Not too boring. :)

Last edited:
Team Notepad. However, the only downside is that Notepad++ isn't a "real" IDE, so you have to do some work to have it run your things.

Back