• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Where is this OT going?

blumo

Reaction score
I made this thread to see where you all think this OT is going?

What needs work? And what can be fixed and/or worked on?

I personally think that this OT is going to go nowhere anytime soon because Non-Donors are normally level 500- and therefore, there is no reason for playing against lvl 1k's who have more than 100x an advantage over them.

Sets need to be added for non donors and real spawns need to be added. Non donors have no where to level and therefore, why would they even want to donate? I've seen other OT's where you donate like 10 euro's and you get a full donor set, and its not OP like here. I do not know how many euro's it is on here, but i would guess around 70~?.

I think this needs to be fixed, and I think new players should actually have a chance on this OT.

I belive that Donor's should have an advantage over non-donors, but not the drastic gameplay difference.

Non-Donors should still have a chance to play the OT just like we do, but not the HUGE gap thats obviously there, and everyone knows it.

Nerfing knights because Sanction plays a minimum of 8 hours a day and yes, everyone knows hes an RPG'er, doesnt help the weaker knights on the server.

Nobody wants to play Pala's because they are just plain out bad, I think they need to be upgraded, not a lot, but stil, they should have an equal chance.

Instead of focusing on level 1k+ areas, etc etc, I think you as GM's need to focus on fixing quest's so you actually gain something from them, fixing low level areas, fixing non-donor sets, and fixing the Paladin vocation.

I propose you cut the donor item price in 1/2 and make this more fun of a server for non-donors, you are losing many members due to the fact, they get on and cant even reach lvl 500 and then quit.

@ Red, I want you to get on, and play any vocaton you want, with non donor items, and try to get lvl 750(without using future donor items) , and actually want to keep playing your server. There are 100's of other OT's people can play, and as you can see, they are choosing those OT's over yours. This post is nothing against you, it's just composed of facts and its what I think can make the server better, which in the end, we all want.

Anyone else have any input, mabey this will actually be looked at, and the OT based around what the players want and not just the GM's who rarely play at all.

Last edited:
I made this thread to see where you all think this OT is going?

What needs work? And what can be fixed and/or worked on?

A great tool for myself, thanks for making the thread for me. Now onto your opinions/gestures?

I personally think that this OT is going to go nowhere anytime soon because Non-Donors are normally level 500- and therefore, there is no reason for playing against lvl 1k's who have more than 100x an advantage over them.

Balancing out non-donors is what I've been working on all day actually. I'd post advanced statistics and mathematical formulas for this, but I feel it's not the server's information. But this is the very next thing we're working on.

Sets need to be added for non donors and real spawns need to be added. Non donors have no where to level and therefore, why would they even want to donate? I've seen other OT's where you donate like 10 euro's and you get a full donor set, and its not OP like here. I do not know how many euro's it is on here, but i would guess around 70~?.

To answer this, non-donors are getting an entire area to themselves. Which means donors will not be allowed to access! Higher exp for easier monsters and quests to get non-donors able to hold their own against donors is our goal. Of course, a donor should always have their (paid for) advantages. It's just that the gap between the two currently is, for a lack of better words, pathetic.

I think this needs to be fixed, and I think new players should actually have a chance on this OT.

I believe that fixing this will make the server have a lot more players, making new players stay, non-donors a part of wars, and a better community overall. This will probably help the foreign population control.

I belive that Donor's should have an advantage over non-donors, but not the drastic gameplay difference.

~~ same idea ~~

Non-Donors should still have a chance to play the OT just like we do, but not the HUGE gap thats obviously there, and everyone knows it.

~~ haha same idea, wrote my replies before I read your whole post ~~

Nerfing knights because Sanction plays a minimum of 8 hours a day and yes, everyone knows hes an RPG'er, doesnt help the weaker knights on the server.

Knights weren't nerfed. Serpent Spawns were only adapted to cope with them. He shouldn't have been using exori rai for 16k on them in the first place. My fault :(

Nobody wants to play Pala's because they are just plain out bad, I think they need to be upgraded, not a lot, but stil, they should have an equal chance.

Also on the list, no fantastic ideas as of yet to bring them back. Exori Con Rai has already been increased, if it means anything to them. Haven't heard any insightful confirmation about it.

Instead of focusing on level 1k+ areas, etc etc, I think you as GM's need to focus on fixing quest's so you actually gain something from them, fixing low level areas, fixing non-donor sets, and fixing the Paladin vocation.

Believe me, I hear about the skills quest every day. I don't see it a huge deal compared to non-donors/hunting areas/coping with the new environment. But it's on the list. It'll probably take about an hour to fix, just, finding that hour is a bit difficult with all the community action going on. I'm already working 10+/- hours a day on Cyntara/other server means. Just let a bit of time pass.

I propose you cut the donor item price in 1/2 and make this more fun of a server for non-donors, you are losing many members due to the fact, they get on and cant even reach lvl 500 and then quit.

Non-donors already being adjusted. Also, the players requested the items & prices. The original donor sets I released cost maybe $60 USD for a full set. Players wanted to pay more for more benefits, and that's how it's been going. I hear constantly, "Release final showdown for like 100 points". Yet to be done. (And never will be)

@ Red, I want you to get on, and play any vocaton you want, with non donor items, and try to get lvl 750, and actually want to keep playing your server. There are 100's of other OT's people can play, and as you can see, they are choosing those OT's over yours. This post is nothing against you, it's just composed of facts and its what I think can make the server better, which in the end, we all want.

I don't actually play OTs to begin with, but Exarion (Josh) informed me of the misery that is being a non-donor, and I can see how bad it sucks. I just spent 3 hours calculating the differences between donor sets/non-donor sets. It's staggering and will definitely be compensated!
I hope this prompt reply will slightly satisfy you, because that's what we're here for, I suppose.

Anyone else have any input, mabey this will actually be looked at, and the OT based around what the players want and not just the GM's who rarely play at all.

Your ideas are much like our own, believe it or not ;)

much <3
Red

---Balancing out non-donors is what I've been working on all day actually. I'd post advanced statistics and mathematical formulas for this, but I feel it's not the server's information. But this is the very next thing we're working on.

Mm, If you get around to this, I would like to see the difference in numbers.

---To answer this, non-donors are getting an entire area to themselves. Which means donors will not be allowed to access! Higher exp for easier monsters and quests to get non-donors able to hold their own against donors is our goal. Of course, a donor should always have their (paid for) advantages. It's just that the gap between the two currently is, for a lack of better words, pathetic.

So now area's are going to be seperated by whether you pay or not? I see where you are coming from in this idea, but it doesnt have much logic due to the fact, they still will have the same difficulty in leveling.

---Also on the list, no fantastic ideas as of yet to bring them back. Exori Con Rai has already been increased, if it means anything to them. Haven't heard any insightful confirmation about it.

Well I heard it uses around 20 soul points, mabey you could make it so pala's gain soul 1x as fast as other vocations, or just cut the soul their spell uses down a bit. Death, level 1k+ Pala, doesnt evenwant to play his pala because its so bad.

---Believe me, I hear about the skills quest every day. I don't see it a huge deal compared to non-donors/hunting areas/coping with the new environment. But it's on the list. It'll probably take about an hour to fix, just, finding that hour is a bit difficult with all the community action going on. I'm already working 10+/- hours a day on Cyntara/other server means. Just let a bit of time pass.

I'm not saying just the skills quest, im talking about every quest, I have done a good amount of them and have notied that almost all the rewards are completely useless. I think the quests should be changed to be a bit difficult, or just make higher level quests, and lower level quests.

---Non-donors already being adjusted. Also, the players requested the items & prices. The original donor sets I released cost maybe $60 USD for a full set. Players wanted to pay more for more benefits, and that's how it's been going. I hear constantly, "Release final showdown for like 100 points". Yet to be done. (And never will be)

Yeah, I know they want to pay it, but look at all the members you are losing Red. You never geared your OT's towards donor's and to come here, and see that, its real dissapointing. I use to like your OT's a lot because you really cared about how well it was doing and what you can do to make it better, and now I dont see that attribute in you.

---I don't actually play OTs to begin with, but Exarion (Josh) informed me of the misery that is being a non-donor, and I can see how bad it sucks. I just spent 3 hours calculating the differences between donor sets/non-donor sets. It's staggering and will definitely be compensated!
I hope this prompt reply will slightly satisfy you, because that's what we're here for, I suppose.

Listening to Exarion is better than doing nothing, but I Think you need to see for yourself how bad it is. Listening to one single person doesnt help the community as a whole, you need to take the initiative and listen to the whole community and take ideas from everybody. These ideas are from people who play the OT constantly and can see whats going wrong with the server and also what you can do to help fix it.

---Your ideas are much like our own, believe it or not ;)

I believe this is true, but not completely, you really need to listen to what people say and the ideas they try to give you, its all in favor of the server as a whole, and not just one person.

---much <3
Red[/QUOTE]

Back at you^ <3

Wall of text, followed by another wall of text.

I'm just going to assume this thread is good.

Graddler, You obviously dont know anything about this server. GTFO of my thread if you have no ideas to give.

Mm, If you get around to this, I would like to see the difference in numbers.

I have the numbers, I'm not posting them. I'm going to use relative comparisons to balance the non-donors, it's always worked in the past.

So now area's are going to be seperated by whether you pay or not? I see where you are coming from in this idea, but it doesnt have much logic due to the fact, they still will have the same difficulty in leveling.

Not if you make exclusive monsters that are easier/give more exp/loot/quests that are suitable for non-donors of their level. I already have a script that separates donors from non-donors. 100% fool proof ;)

Well I heard it uses around 20 soul points, mabey you could make it so pala's gain soul 1x as fast as other vocations, or just cut the soul their spell uses down a bit. Death, level 1k+ Pala, doesnt evenwant to play his pala because its so bad.

Exori Con Rai doesn't take soul, you're thinking of Exorita Con...

I'm not saying just the skills quest, im talking about every quest, I have done a good amount of them and have notied that almost all the rewards are completely useless. I think the quests should be changed to be a bit difficult, or just make higher level quests, and lower level quests.

Any quest under level 300 were built for non-donors. Perhaps why you find them useless.

Yeah, I know they want to pay it, but look at all the members you are losing Red. You never geared your OT's towards donor's and to come here, and see that, its real dissapointing. I use to like your OT's a lot because you really cared about how well it was doing and what you can do to make it better, and now I dont see that attribute in you.

If I didn't care about the players why would I be upgrading non-donors? I created OTs as a hobby, and the OTserv world evolved and made it profitable to owners (also using dedicated servers). When's the last time you've lagged (not due to bug abuse/latency) ? Answer is probably never.

Listening to Exarion is better than doing nothing, but I Think you need to see for yourself how bad it is. Listening to one single person doesnt help the community as a whole, you need to take the initiative and listen to the whole community and take ideas from everybody. These ideas are from people who play the OT constantly and can see whats going wrong with the server and also what you can do to help fix it.

Playing my server ... or editing my server. I don't have enough time for both. I have Josh play my server, and I edit it. You guys like serpent spawns & medusas right? Credits: Exarion.

I believe this is true, but not completely, you really need to listen to what people say and the ideas they try to give you, its all in favor of the server as a whole, and not just one person.

Well, of course. I always read all the suggestion boards. A lot of suggestions make it into the game if they fit it right.

blumo let him work...
i trust in him ;)

We usually get it right, eventually.

+1 ;)

Graddler, You obviously dont know anything about this server. GTFO of my thread if you have no ideas to give.

Seems almost impossible to claim a thread these days without someone posting something you don't want... *cough*

Red

Last edited:
Red,I dont know if I should post this here but you said serpent spawns and medusa were for mages and well I see they can kill them with exevo rai hur but they can't make level like in nightmares cause you have a limited soul so when you try to hun there you dont get nutin but 3-4 levels before you ran out of soul :S so I think you should get rid of the soul and just make the soul drain for the exevo gran rai lux or that spell cause thers no spell to other vocations that take soul but the strongest spells and well exevo rai hur it's not the strongest spell of a mage so I think we just need to lose soul when we use the strongest spell like I said ;) Please leme know what u think.

On that note, I'm going afk a few to get 3 big macs and 12 large fries from McDonalds.
Since the only other thing i do is play Cyntara all day every day mother fuckers, and it's down right now.

---
I have the numbers, I'm not posting them. I'm going to use relative comparisons to balance the non-donors, it's always worked in the past.

~Shrugs~

---Not if you make exclusive monsters that are easier/give more exp/loot/quests that are suitable for non-donors of their level. I already have a script that separates donors from non-donors. 100% fool proof ;)

So does this mean your going to be changing donor's as well?

---Exori Rai Con doesn't take soul, you're thinking of Exorita Con...

Okay, Then Exorita Con. Pala's need to be worked on, nobody wants to play them because they are real bad.

---Any quest under level 300 were built for non-donors. Perhaps why you find them useless.

So make real quests for lvl 300-1200.

---If I didn't care about the players why would I be upgrading non-donors? I created OTs as a hobby, and the OTserv world evolved and made it profitable to owners (also using dedicated servers). When's the last time you've lagged (not due to bug abuse/latency) ? Answer is probably never.

Yeah, It should be profitable, but not the only point to the server. Tibia isn't a job.

---Playing my server ... or editing my server. I don't have enough time for both. I have Josh play my server, and I edit it. You guys like serpent spawns & medusas right? Credits: Exarion.

Okay, your still taking information from just one single person, thats what my point is exactly.

---Well, of course. I always read all the suggestion boards. A lot of suggestions make it into the game if they fit it right.

Then can you post on something if its going to be implemented or not? We ned a final say on some things.

---Seems almost impossible to claim a thread these days without someone posting something you don't want... *cough*

Yeah, I don't think you wanted this thread, but it is definitely needed.

blumo let him work...
i trust in him ;)

Red,I dont know if I should post this here but you said serpent spawns and medusa were for mages and well I see they can kill them with exevo rai hur but they can't make level like in nightmares cause you have a limited soul so when you try to hun there you dont get nutin but 3-4 levels before you ran out of soul :S so I think you should get rid of the soul and just make the soul drain for the exevo gran rai lux or that spell cause thers no spell to other vocations that take soul but the strongest spells and well exevo rai hur it's not the strongest spell of a mage so I think we just need to lose soul when we use the strongest spell like I said ;) Please leme know what u think.

Exevo Vis Hur seems to work well too. Just not as fast.

Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumo

Originally Posted by Red
Knights weren't nerfed. Serpent Spawns were only adapted to cope with them. He shouldn't have been using exori rai for 16k on them in the first place. My fault

Umm, Red i was hitting 31k crits before you nerfed it too, 14k crits then to 6k crits. But over all, you wanted people out of matts spawn all the time.. well say no more knights will never step into that place.

We are discussing in vent how STUPID you are Red, Joking.
Talkin about things that could be done, what about an easy quest at level 250 or 300 possibly like a small maze with some monsters, and a semi-hard boss monster at the end, give them 25-50 topaz as a reward so they can start buying better items from the higher levels!

So does this mean your going to be changing donor's as well?

No, just making non-donors able to hold their ground instead of being torn apart like a single sheet of wet paper.

Okay, Then Exorita Con. Pala's need to be worked on, nobody wants to play them because they are real bad.

I boosted both of them ...

So make real quests for lvl 300-1200.
I already have.. what? five quests?
1. Marathon Man Quest
2. Lord of War Quest
3. The Dark Knight of Vanda
4. Cyntara Zone
5. The Power of the Cyntarist

Today it is possible to finish 1. Players have already finished 2 and 4. I've never seen 3 or 5 completed. I'm already started with the quest called The organization. If you haven't noticed. I think we're okay with donor quests in my opinion... ^_^

Yeah, It should be profitable, but not the only point to the server. Tibia isn't a job.

Of course not. I enjoy this. If I didn't, I wouldn't be doing it.

Okay, your still taking information from just one single person, thats what my point is exactly.

Last I checked, everyone loves serpents/medusas. Well, not knights anymore, but that was bound to happen sooner-or-later.

Then can you post on something if its going to be implemented or not? We ned a final say on some things.

Sorry I don't take much time posting on promising ideas. Too busy implementing them, fixing bugs, and coming out with other ideas. Also busy working on monsters/balancing vocations/non-donors. I'll be sure to post in suggestion boards sooner or later if an idea seems promising.

Yeah, I don't think you wanted this thread, but it is definitely needed.

If I didn't see it as promising, I wouldn't have replied.

Umm, Red i was hitting 31k crits before you nerfed it too, 14k crits then to 6k crits. But over all, you wanted people out of matts spawn all the time.. well say no more knights will never step into that place.

It's back to about 14k crits? It has nothing to do with Matt's spawn either. I just used his spawn to see how OP knights were with serpent spawns. (That's over-powered, not to be confused with on-point)

We are discussing in vent how STUPID you are Red, Joking.
Talkin about things that could be done, what about an easy quest at level 250 or 300 possibly like a small maze with some monsters, and a semi-hard boss monster at the end, give them 25-50 topaz as a reward so they can start buying better items from the higher levels!

Sounds like a great idea. I was thinking more along the lines of an ingot quest though. Definitely get them buying "power non-donor" items from higher level donors. Stimulating the economy too, ftw?

How is this sounding guys?
Red

No, just making non-donors able to hold their ground instead of being torn apart like a single sheet of wet paper.

I boosted both of them ...

1. Marathon Man Quest
2. Lord of War Quest
4. Cyntara Zone

Today it is possible to finish 1. Players have already finished 2 and 4. I've never seen 3 or 5 completed. I'm already started with the quest called The organization. If you haven't noticed. I think we're okay with donor quests in my opinion... ^_^

Of course not. I enjoy this. If I didn't, I wouldn't be doing it.

Last I checked, everyone loves serpents/medusas. Well, not knights anymore, but that was bound to happen sooner-or-later.

Sorry I don't take much time posting on promising ideas. Too busy implementing them, fixing bugs, and coming out with other ideas. Also busy working on monsters/balancing vocations/non-donors. I'll be sure to post in suggestion boards sooner or later if an idea seems promising.

If I didn't see it as promising, I wouldn't have replied.

It's back to about 14k crits? It has nothing to do with Matt's spawn either. I just used his spawn to see how OP knights were with serpent spawns. (That's over-powered, not to be confused with on-point)

Sounds like a great idea. I was thinking more along the lines of an ingot quest though. Definitely get them buying "power non-donor" items from higher level donors. Stimulating the economy too, ftw?

How is this sounding guys?
Red

There's a snake in my boot..

So whats the point of donating if theres 2 seperate gameplays?

---I boosted both of them ...

Will have to wait for a Pala to say if it will help or not.

---
1. Marathon Man Quest
2. Lord of War Quest
4. Cyntara Zone

---Today it is possible to finish 1. Players have already finished 2 and 4. I've never seen 3 or 5 completed. I'm already started with the quest called The organization. If you haven't noticed. I think we're okay with donor quests in my opinion... ^_^

Yeah, I see these quests, but they are crazy.

---Of course not. I enjoy this. If I didn't, I wouldn't be doing it.

Taking ideas from players so you dont have to listen to all of this would make it a lot better for you.

---Last I checked, everyone loves serpents/medusas. Well, not knights anymore, but that was bound to happen sooner-or-later.

So where would you suggest they hunt?

---Sorry I don't take much time posting on promising ideas. Too busy implementing them, fixing bugs, and coming out with other ideas. Also busy working on monsters/balancing vocations/non-donors. I'll be sure to post in suggestion boards sooner or later if an idea seems promising.

Yeah, but then you have everyone wondering whats going on and getting aggrovated.

---If I didn't see it as promising, I wouldn't have replied.

thanks for looking at the forum? :thumbup:

---Sounds like a great idea. I was thinking more along the lines of an ingot quest though. Definitely get them buying "power non-donor" items from higher level donors. Stimulating the economy too, ftw?

And affording pots.

---How is this sounding guys?
Red

Sounds like something may be getting done.

well im playing on this server since 11 months...
how long do u?
retard..

This so far has been a good thread. There are both good and bad points. However, the back and forth quoting is getting to be a bit confusing; also, people are adding new concerns to the thread.

Blumo, for organization sakes, can you please read back through the posts and make a list of issues you thing need to be addressed. This way, we can tackle each issue one by one.

If this task is too much for you, I can find time to do it- just let me know.

-GM Poole :thumbup:

Back