Where to advertise server nowadays?

Selura

Premium User
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
I'm questioning myself since past few days about advertising server. I'm curious where to advertise to get decent traffic / views.

What sites or forums are most used / viewed for OT

How much youtubers or streamers may ask for advertising? Anyone who can be vouched?

How much is enough to get decenet interest - 100$, 500$ or 1000$?

Mr. Greyshade

Grisig
Best answers
Reaction score
forums are pretty irrelevant for advertisements, otservlist is very important, just being high up there with yellow name brings around 40 daily players alone, otservlist banners are also very effective, when it's used on my server it brings around 20-40 more registered players everyday. Facebook ads are very effective and cheap, you can set a how much you wanna spend weekly, and what demographic to target. these are all kind of long term advertisements, I guess for short term you would want to pay streamers a bunch & otservlist countdown, and about those things I don't have much info.

my suggestion is to just try different sites and add some stats to see where all players are coming from, add daily stats about how many new players started today, where they came from etc

OP
Selura

Selura

Premium User
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
forums are pretty irrelevant for advertisements, otservlist is very important, just being high up there with yellow name brings around 40 daily players alone, otservlist banners are also very effective, when it's used on my server it brings around 20-40 more registered players everyday. Facebook ads are very effective and cheap, you can set a how much you wanna spend weekly, and what demographic to target. these are all kind of long term advertisements, I guess for short term you would want to pay streamers a bunch & otservlist countdown, and about those things I don't have much info.

my suggestion is to just try different sites and add some stats to see where all players are coming from, add daily stats about how many new players started today, where they came from etc
I'm more into long-term, especially because its going to be non-profit server and I'm taking this costs on me without expecting return from it. So your suggestions are probably what I'm looking for. Thank you :)

Mr. Greyshade

Grisig
Best answers
Reaction score
You should also probably add your server to otservlist even if it's just in testing phase, otservlist made some changes around 1 year ago which made so that all servers are automatically sorted by points, and servers that's been on the list longer has more points than a recently added server. Yellow name also highly increases your servers points, causing it to be higher on the list.

OP
Selura

Selura

Premium User
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
You should also probably add your server to otservlist even if it's just in testing phase, otservlist made some changes around 1 year ago which made so that all servers are automatically sorted by points, and servers that's been on the list longer has more points than a recently added server. Yellow name also highly increases your servers points, causing it to be higher on the list.
Thanks