• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World Innovation Fund

How would you be interested participating in these funds?

• Proposer

• Fund Advisor

• Voter

Results are only viewable after voting.

whitevo

Feeling good, thats what I do.
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
It's been a while since I last connected with the community here.
I have been recently brewing an idea and wondering if people would be interested in collaborating to put effort into building tools and games together.

The collaboration will be incentivized with ADA (cryptocurrency)

Together we decide how to allocate 6000$ worth of ADA among the direction people want to take this innovation Fund.
And I am also launching a challenge with 3000$ worth of funding so people could propose their solutions, "how can we improve the Open Source, virtual environment emulators"

After proposals and direction suggestions are collected and finalized, all who want can participate in rating and assessing those ideas and directions.
This work is incentivized with an additional 600$ (20% of fund size) and distributed evenly based on qualified assessments and rationals
Assessment Quality control in the first round is done by me and a selected control group.

The first funding round lasts around 2 months.
Every week I will have an open Zoom call to introduce everybody to the next steps and let the community speak for themselves, how they looking to evolve this idea.

A few weeks after the first round is over, funds are distributed to first proposal winners

After that, we will run this cycle again.
This time people will now write proposals on the directions which were set in the first round.
And there will be another round to allocate 12000$ worth of ADA on the new directions you all want to move this funding for.

I know there is not enough written here, but first, let me see if there is interest in this kind of experiment

Last edited:
Setting up a system to fund community interests

Try to use some bullet points, its indeed very hard to read

Try to use some bullet points, its indeed very hard to read
There will be no bullet points as of now.
I am describing the 3 stages with their outcome and incentives

Maybe I came here with a concept here that is very foreign.
Basically, I am looking if this community is interested to write proposals and acting on them based on a small amount of funding
How much funding? this is up to you to ask, but be aware that it can not exceed the funding amount and you need to collaborate in order to distribute it between each other effectively. (the limits and funding schedule is suggested on the opening post)

In the proposals, people will write about their ideas.
What is the problem, how is it solved, how they do it and who will do it?

All the Fund Advisors can then rate the proposals by Impact, Feasibility, and Auditability.

Finally, all the voters take all this information as its face value and vote yes or no on these proposals.
The proposals are ordered by the most votes cast.
Proposals with more yes votes than no votes get the full amount of funding until the fund runs out

Last edited:
First & second proposals:
  • Bullet

But basically you mean:
  • People propose features
  • People vote on the proposals
  • People who develop the feature get paid by the funding
or am I wrong?

You should direct that funding towards projects already being developed for the community. I'm certain you would get plenty listed from many users, and then could see what people are more interested in, or alternatively, can decide yourself, as I know you are too a developer, which tools are best suited to be most useful to the developers in the long run.

Here are some suggestions:
TheForgottenSever -- #1 developed server over the years, still open source.
OT Client -- Mehah's, the still being developed Open Source version.
Asset Editor -- for 12.x client, .net framework, open source
TFS 1.5 Downgrades -- from nekiro, supports 8.6, 8.0. 7.72
OT Ip Changer -- for 12.x client, by nekiro
RCC Editor -- allows customization of 12x client assets, again, by nekiro, check his github, many reasons to send donations his way.

Find someone who is updated remeres map editor, donate to them. Znote, geisor, and nekiro all have things they have been maintaining in spare time for the community. Check out their githubs, check the tools section.

@ScorpionOT has a promising new project he is working on, could be the next vital tool for server developers, aside from TFS ofc :D

There are many great AAC's that could use that money, as well as plenty of other open source projects, that I just don't have the time to list them all.

TL DR
Bottom line, its your money, if you want to put it to some use, give it to the ones who continuously make things the community need, and they already do it for free. TFS, OTC, RME, best places to start, imo.

The more I read, the more it comes across as an attempt at soliciting ideas that will be used as yet another "blockchain game" scam.
  1. Promise people what amounts to pennies to bring you "whitepapers" of ideas
  2. Pick out the best ones and fund them with yet another handful of pennies
  3. Pressure them as the investor to shoehorn in NFTs or some other generic crypto nonsense
  4. Promote the unfinished project whitepaper and screenshots as "new and upcoming crypto based game"
  5. Collect a shit ton of Etherium or whatever from idiots minting NFTs of your non-existent game
  6. Vanish into a puff of smoke the moment you have a couple million USD worth of crypto coins
  7. The project collapses because the devs are getting harassed by all the NFT morons wanting return-on-investment

If you are genuinely interested in helping the community then I would suggest doing as Codinablack said, support already existing projects to make the community better as a whole. Maybe even offer to support some smaller projects into becoming bigger projects.
Better community = Bigger community = More ideas and projects being created and Open Tibia as a whole flourishing.

And also, don't use such insanely complicated business language. It's all fluff and no substance. Ain't nobody got time for that.
The fact that you refuse to simplify it makes it seem like you want to hide something behind fancy words.

First & second proposals:
  • Bullet

But basically you mean:
  • People propose features
  • People vote on the proposals
  • People who develop the feature get paid by the funding
or am I wrong?
Pretty close.
Except for the last part, the funding of money is done first and then we hope for delivery later.
The building part is up to the proposers if they actually wanted to do it or tried to scam, but it this up to you all the participants to spot this kind of behavior.

@Codinablack, There is a different angle I coming from.
From your suggestions, I would strongly suggest you take part as Fund Advisor and as a voter, where you can help these teams.

Rexxar, you are right there are a lot of things I keep hidden and I rly tried to simplified it a lot, but I haven't done it in a textual way before.
I wouldn't say it's business talk at all, I am pretty crap at business and expressing my ideas.
But last few years I have been heavily intertwined with Governance and Blockchain projects and I am looking for ways to experiment with DAO structures.

One of my agendas is to teach this community to write proposals and show them a way to access financial capital.
My own personal goal is to find solutions to how could we reach the highest potential of human collaboration.

To me, it does not matter if this community wants to fund blockchain games or not, although I have a lot of access to resources and people who work in this industry.
I came to this community first because this was the first place I actually learned something useful.
Countless hours were spent by people in this community to help me set up a server, website and teach me to write Lua.
I have strong and happy memories participating in this community and I am assuming experiment like this could incentivize the support team and developers to work toward common goals

Right now with this forum post, I am basically testing the waters to see how many people we could get to participate.
And this discussion and questions will definitely help to clarify the goal of the Innovation Fund

ALso, Rexxar, if you are so concerned about NFT projects as scams, I also suggest participating as Fund Advisor and Voter in order to weed out such proposals.
As a voter, it's you who will decide which projects will get the money.

My 2 cents:
  • Anyone suggests any new feature and/or changes or whatever
  • From the previous suggestions, advisor board meets and packs chosen ideas into a project/whitepaper
  • They announce what are the features being demanded
  • Any developer/team make a bid for developing it (or a subset of it)
  • Advisor chooses the development liable for making the project come live (make sure of his ability of providing good work)
  • Development, test and release
  • Payment
  • Start again

My 2 cents:
  • Anyone suggests any new feature and/or changes or whatever
  • From the previous suggestions, advisor board meets and packs chosen ideas into a project/whitepaper
  • They announce what are the features being demanded
  • Any developer/team make a bid for developing it (or a subset of it)
  • Advisor chooses the development liable for making the project come live (make sure of his ability of providing good work)
  • Development, test and release
  • Payment
  • Start again
This design seems to look like a venture capitalistic or businesses model

My goal here is to build a decentralized Innovation Fund, Governed by the participants.
In the first round, I have a little more power in sense of direction or guard rails, but over iteration, the participants will take control over direction and treasury

Back