• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which client version and server?

• Thread starter Deleted member 210450
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 210450

Hey! I am during time when i am bored af, too much free time and nothing to do. So i decided to come back to having fun with creating OTS.
I used to use TFS 1.1 under 10.77 client, by when I was looking for everything for those, I couldn't find RME that support 10.77 (only 10.76, TFS 1.1 requires 10.77), and still I remember RME 10.76 (some kind of non-official version) was without some of sprites (particulary in RAW section).

And now I dont know what should I choose. 8.6, 9.6, 10.41, 10.77, or what? Then which one RME (latest version on official site is up to 9.6). Firsly I was thinking about 8.6, because most of online servers are on that version, but it is XML, and I prefer SQL.

TYI: i would want server allows me to do much, own vocs, items, spells, enabled to connect with customized client etc. etc.

Need advices from advanced users ^^
Thanks in advance <3

I suggest whatever client, but TFS must be 1.x

Ofc there are lot of missing functions what will make your life easier in scripting.
+few bugs in sources, if you want very custom server.
But you can make and fix almost all of them in Lua!

1.X, then 1.1 or 1.2? I heard that 1.2 is still in beta and could've a lot of bugs, is that true?
For which one TFS i can find more scripts, even if here, otland? I mean, is a backward (and forward actually too) compatibility?

And "whatever client"? I dont know a lot of TFSs, but 1.1 is 10.77 in default. I guess there is a lot of work (like compiling?) for change client version, right? I would want to avoid this ^^

1.X, then 1.1 or 1.2? I heard that 1.2 is still in beta and could've a lot of bugs, is that true?
For which one TFS i can find more scripts, even if here, otland? I mean, is a backward (and forward actually too) compatibility?

And "whatever client"? I dont know a lot of TFSs, but 1.1 is 10.77 in default. I guess there is a lot of work (like compiling?) for change client version, right? I would want to avoid this ^^
1.2 has been officially released with protocol 10.98
1.3 is now in beta

tfs has a compat.lua lib which enables backwards compatability
but there isnt really forwards compatability (not sure how this would work anyways)

tfs 1.x has the most scripts now (if im wrong, then at least it WILL have the most scripts soon) since 1.x is mostly used now among the community
but there are some people who would like to use obsolete versions of TFS just because they don't want to move to 1.x or they can't source edit to change client version

Ok, thanks. Then, where can I download tfs 1.2? I found one mirror (github prob) but without .exe file :vvv

And, offtopic btw, what is the latest version of RME? I can find only 2.2 up to 9.6, fanmade up to 10.80, so how can i map in 10.98 for tfs 1.2? I heard RME 3.0 exist but cant find.

Ok, thanks. Then, where can I download tfs 1.2? I found one mirror (github prob) but without .exe file :vvv

And, offtopic btw, what is the latest version of RME? I can find only 2.2 up to 9.6, fanmade up to 10.80, so how can i map in 10.98 for tfs 1.2? I heard RME 3.0 exist but cant find.
you compile it yourself, there is instructions on the github on how to do that

as for RME 10.98 i don't think that exists but you can still use 10.80 maps for a 10.98 server

You can also download a pre-compiled version in nightlies.otland.net

You can also download a pre-compiled version in nightlies.otland.net
How should i find this? On this page i can see only chaos.

I tried to compile by my own, but dont get it. Build succeed but no .exe file appeared.

Eh, I'm too dumb for this things. I just want to have TFS 1.2. Don't get what should I do with files you've sent me above. On GitHub is TFS files without .exe, and Nightlies is .exe without files... As I said, Im to dumb for handle this.

Eh, I'm too dumb for this things. I just want to have TFS 1.2. Don't get what should I do with files you've sent me above. On GitHub is TFS files without .exe, and Nightlies is .exe without files... As I said, Im to dumb for handle this.
download exe from nightlies
take data folder from github

You can also update RME to 10.98. You'll have to add the new sprites you want yourself. Just copy the items.otb/.xml into the RME folder.

Back