• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which is the best distribution out there for 7.72

Which Distribution is better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pittyalv

Reaction score
Hello Otland

I have seen that there are so many distrubutions for tibia 7.72 potocols out there.
Like tfs 1.3, tfs 1.2 tfs 0.3.7,otx2, otx3, otx2, avesta nostalrius, othire. I'm missing one?

The question is which one and why?
enlight me, please.

Thanks

Hello Otland

I have seen that there are so many distrubutions for tibia 7.72 potocols out there.
Like tfs 1.3, tfs 1.2 tfs 0.3.7,otx2, otx3, otx2, avesta nostalrius, othire. I'm missing one?

The question is which one and why?
enlight me, please.

Thanks
Nostalrius because it is like the most completed one.. just need some works.

Tfs1.3 by Nekiro is the best one because it is based on latest tfs but need to work on all things.

Othire is good option too and you would find almost everything in this forum for host a server based on it.

So basically in all of them what you need is time and effort to make things works :)

It was supposed to be Nekiro's downgrade if it's still active and issues being solved but till 1.4 release I would find someone to downgrade latest TFS for me that would be most stable or else you could go with this one as it's getting issues solved and new commits daily.
It works for 7.72/8.54/8.60/10.98/12.31 with the multi protocol system, All you will have to change is the client in definitions.h and compile.
That's if you are talking about the TFS itself not the server (data-pack) which I don't know as I never used any 7.72 data-pack.

I use Nostalrius. It has it's own learning curve though, as things like npcs, items, map don't function the same, but it's a TFS 1.2, so it's goign to be more stable than 0.x

Nostalrius was also made to replace Othire, so it's going to be better than that too,

Some people giving plain bad advice based on false information. Anyone claiming something as more stable than other has actually no data at all to backup that claim.

Avesta is plain bad. It just lacks a lot of features, it's too old.

Nekiro downgrade simple doesn't work. Having a clean downgrade of current TFS means you can log in with an old client and that you gonna have tons of old features missings and game mechanics behavior from 10.98.

Picking from the other options would depend on what you want to do and what knowledge about otserv you have.

Best thing would be a proper downgrade of current TFS with all 7.72 mechanics added. While Nostalrius is the closest to that, I still believe OTHire is more complete regard mechanics and have proper documentation on what is missing, and works as a default otserv regarding all systems and item ids. Nostalrius is sort of hybrid, and while it's not bad per se, it won't be compatible with tons of usual content, such as default 7.6 map files, but if you going for real map it's already ready to run.

It was supposed to be Nekiro's downgrade if it's still active and issues being solved but till 1.4 release I would find someone to downgrade latest TFS for me that would be most stable or else you could go with this one as it's getting issues solved and new commits daily.
It works for 7.72/8.54/8.60/10.98/12.31 with the multi protocol system, All you will have to change is the client in definitions.h and compile.
That's if you are talking about the TFS itself not the server (data-pack) which I don't know as I never used any 7.72 data-pack.
im having problems compiling it would you mind to help me ?

Windows or Linux? I only compiled it on Ubuntu last time for testing.
im using windows 10 i followed the msot recent tutorial for compiling using msvc 2019 and vckpg libs but it has some errors of libs even when i've enabled
.\vcpkg integrate install

Did you have any errors during installing vcpkg? What errors you're getting? Also if vcpkg in C: partition then try running Visual Studio as administrator.

i got it installed at D everything vcpkg Microsoft visual studio etc

seems to be something with the libraries
Rebuild started...
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release_AVX2 x64 ------
1>otpch.cpp
1>actions.cpp
1>ban.cpp
1>baseevents.cpp
1>bed.cpp
1>chat.cpp
1>combat.cpp
1>condition.cpp
1>configmanager.cpp
1>connection.cpp
1>container.cpp
1>creature.cpp
1>creatureevent.cpp
1>cylinder.cpp
1>database.cpp
1>databasemanager.cpp
1>databasetasks.cpp
1>decay.cpp
1>depotchest.cpp
1>depotlocker.cpp
1>events.cpp
1>fileloader.cpp
1>game.cpp
1>globalevent.cpp
1>groups.cpp
1>guild.cpp
1>house.cpp
1>housetile.cpp
1>inbox.cpp
1>ioguild.cpp
1>iologindata.cpp
1>iomap.cpp
1>iomapserialize.cpp
1>iomarket.cpp
1>item.cpp
1>items.cpp
1>luascript.cpp
1>mailbox.cpp
1>map.cpp
1>modules.cpp
1>monster.cpp
1>monsters.cpp
1>mounts.cpp
1>movement.cpp
1>networkmessage.cpp
1>npc.cpp
1>otserv.cpp
1>outfit.cpp
1>outputmessage.cpp
1>party.cpp
1>c:\users\asus\desktop\optimized_forgottenserver-master\src\rsa.h(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmp.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\otserv.cpp)
1>player.cpp
1>position.cpp
1>protocol.cpp
1>c:\users\asus\desktop\optimized_forgottenserver-master\src\rsa.h(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmp.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\protocol.cpp)
1>protocolgame.cpp
1>protocollogin.cpp
1>protocolold.cpp
1>c:\users\asus\desktop\optimized_forgottenserver-master\src\protocolgame.cpp(2994): warning C4065: switch statement contains 'default' but no 'case' labels
1>quests.cpp
1>raids.cpp
1>rsa.cpp
1>c:\users\asus\desktop\optimized_forgottenserver-master\src\rsa.h(24): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmp.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\rsa.cpp)
1>script.cpp
1>scriptmanager.cpp
1>server.cpp
1>signals.cpp
1>spawn.cpp
1>spells.cpp
1>protocolstatus.cpp
1>talkaction.cpp
1>tasks.cpp
1>teleport.cpp
1>thing.cpp
1>tile.cpp
1>tools.cpp
1>trashholder.cpp
1>vocation.cpp
1>waitlist.cpp
1>weapons.cpp
1>wildcardtree.cpp
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

dunno why but i can compile others servers without troubles

I just compiled it using Visual Studio 2019/vcpkg
Code:
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Windows SDK version: 8.1
Platform Toolset: Visual Studio 2017 (v141)
I also had to change in \vc14\settings.props
libmysql.lib to libmariadb.lib
and zlib1.lib to zlib.lib
Try doing the same if you still getting errors then remove vcpkg and restart all the steps slowly, Create a Support thread also, We are bumping this too much.

Some people giving plain bad advice based on false information. Anyone claiming something as more stable than other has actually no data at all to backup that claim.

Avesta is plain bad. It just lacks a lot of features, it's too old.

Nekiro downgrade simple doesn't work. Having a clean downgrade of current TFS means you can log in with an old client and that you gonna have tons of old features missings and game mechanics behavior from 10.98.

Picking from the other options would depend on what you want to do and what knowledge about otserv you have.

Best thing would be a proper downgrade of current TFS with all 7.72 mechanics added. While Nostalrius is the closest to that, I still believe OTHire is more complete regard mechanics and have proper documentation on what is missing, and works as a default otserv regarding all systems and item ids. Nostalrius is sort of hybrid, and while it's not bad per se, it won't be compatible with tons of usual content, such as default 7.6 map files, but if you going for real map it's already ready to run.
I'm with you.

OTHire is more suited for people looking for help, because it's more standard on their scripts and sources and it's stable.
I only recommend Nostalrius to work with the real map included, if you are looking for a custom server maybe there are another options best suited.

I have to say that both two require some effort to work fine and without issues.

Maybe if people hosting servers based on othire and nostalrius make pull requests on the github repos we could have better server engines for 7.72

I use latest othire for atleast 1 year, very stable hosted a server with 150 players, is ver good for a classic server and implement new features is not hard.

Back