• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Which is the best Windows OS to run TFS?

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been dealing with lots of crashes on Windows 7 Ultimate, I used to use 3884 0.4 with compatibility mode for Windows Server 2003 and it would run smooth without any crashes on my real map. Then I moved my server into a war server - and it would crash all the time during battles (still running with the comp~ mode). So I changed to 0.3.6 - was running smoothly for a few days - then I started adding scripts I know work and I just want to use them on the war and now it wont even load past the map - it just crashes saying Loading Map..

The wierd thing is, if I switch it out of compatibility mode - most of the time it will load normally - then after a while I can throw compatibility mode back on. But it just seems to act up way too much to be able to actually get editing done on the server. With every little change it starts crashing, things that shouldn't even matter or even make it run better (removing useless scripts) it starts crashing on load up.

So I am trying to get to the bottom of this, I installed the Windows Redistribution Pack a long time ago as recommended and like I said I've had no problems hosting 0.4 other than having to run it in compatibility mode but that was no worries to me. But it seems 0.3.6 wont even run stable in compatibility for me while other people have said to have gotten great uptimes.

Any help is appreciated, kind of confusing the hell out of me.

The crashes that are happening champag are really random - it will be running fine (default scripts) - then lets say I change the exp stages from one thing to another and reboot - it starts to crash on load up at loading the map - switch compatibility modes - it loads fine; until the next change and it starts crashing again. Sometimes I'll have to go through the whole list of compatibility modes before it starts loading again after changes. There are no errors in the scripts, I've been dealing with OT's since 7.8 XML days - it's not my lack of knowledge. It's the piece of shit windows libraries or something.
Try updating your .dll files, I had an issue with this also, recompiled and made sure I used the .dll files from the compiling setup that I used to compile.

Yeah, I'm back to having problems with the compiler again today - with the same one I compiled last night then 3884 aswell just too see if I could get that too work.

Looks like I'm definitely going to need someone with teamviewer to help me out.

Code:
root@extrodus-VirtualBox:~/Desktop/trunk3884# ./build.sh
TheForgottenServer build script- seems to speed things up ALOT.
CCache: OK
CCache binaries located in /usr/lib/ccache
Building on 1 cores, using 2 processes
make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/extrodus/Desktop/trunk3884'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I/usr/include/libxml2  -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -D__USE_MYSQL__  -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -Wall -Wextra -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-unused-parameter -pipe -MT luascript.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/luascript.Tpo -c -o luascript.o luascript.cpp
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I/usr/include/libxml2  -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -D__USE_MYSQL__  -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -Wall -Wextra -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-unused-parameter -pipe -MT map.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/map.Tpo -c -o map.o map.cpp
luascript.cpp: In member function ‘bool LuaInterface::loadDirectory(const string&, Npc*, bool)’:
luascript.cpp:742:19: error: ‘p’ was not declared in this scope
luascript.cpp:745:61: error: no match for ‘operator+’ in ‘boost::filesystem3::path::filename() const() + "/"’
make[1]: *** [luascript.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f .deps/map.Tpo .deps/map.Po
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/extrodus/Desktop/trunk3884'
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@extrodus-VirtualBox:~/Desktop/trunk3884#

I dont know why you have so many crashes on your windows i am using win7 and i never had a crash o_O only when i made mistake in code but never from lua. Now you're using Linux but still you have problems read more about compiling and making changes in code ;)

Back