• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which linux is "better" for me?

Linux

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grilo13

RAWR
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
mTsGrilo
Well, i don't know if i use Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora or another linux.

First. I need some OS to compile my OTS and use the OS like a host, cause, i don't like to use Windows Hosts

Second. I need some OS where i can watch videos (flash browsers), play my server, and for use daily

And finally, compatible with my Notebook Dell Inspiron 1564, cause, my last Ubuntu (before 10.10) crashes everytime for Wi-Fi Problems on kernel

Notebook Specifications:

4GB RAM
i3 M330 @ 2,13GHz
50GB HD for Linux

Dell Inspiron

from my experiencie I recommend ubuntu, when i try compile on debian i have a lot of problem never compiled a succesfull otserver on debian idk why, never tested fedora, but on ubuntu i compile all the sources, i dont know if it is for the lot of tutorial for compile on ubuntu, but i reccoment ubuntu for start on linux, greetings.

I hosted some OTs on Ubuntu and I had no problem, also I have Ubuntu (and Kali Linux) on my notebook and all works fine.

Debian for stability(stable packages but they keep up to date), Fedora for cutting edge(newest kernels, packages, etc). Ubuntu in between.

My personal recommendation: Debian 7

For daily use I like to use Scientific Linux 6 on my Netbook because of the older kernel, its lighter on the crappy Atom CPU :p

Well, my ubuntu doesn't connect internet, so, i'll download Debian... but,

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.4.0/amd64/iso-dvd/

I just need to download de DVD 1 or all of them? o_O
If you intend to use a laptop through wireless network I would recommend LinuxMint.(Biggest chance wlan drivers work out of the box).
Else Debian 7 if you got a cable for it (debian and ubuntu wlan drivers may not work). http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.4.0/amd64/iso-cd/debian-7.4.0-amd64-netinst.iso

Debian and also @Mark recommended debian to me ^^

Well... i installed Ubuntu 13.10 and 12.04, LinuxMint, and i'll try to install debian... if the network don't work too... i'll use Windows 7 :/
Always i try to use the internet, stops to work after few seconds... thats not fun

Well... i installed Ubuntu 13.10 and 12.04, LinuxMint, and i'll try to install debian... if the network don't work too... i'll use Windows 7 :/
Always i try to use the internet, stops to work after few seconds... thats not fun

Try Fedora?

Back