• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which mapping style do you prefer? 1 or 2

Marko999x

999x era
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Which kind of mapping do you prefer for the city ground?

Auto Border just simple:
4de203c121d5d4cb2db548efc69c7097.jpg

Gyazo (https://gyazo.com/4de203c121d5d4cb2db548efc69c7097)

or this kind of style?:

6b4f378ebafe1ccd576eff228d90ecc0.jpg

Gyazo (https://gyazo.com/6b4f378ebafe1ccd576eff228d90ecc0)

1. Even if you are using autoborder the shapes aren't always simple.
2. It depends on the place.
3. Why don't you mix both?
4. Why would you ask that, just do whatever you want. It is your map and you should do it to your liking.

1. Even if you are using autoborder the shapes aren't always simple.
3. Why don't you mix both?
4. Why would you ask that, just do whatever you want. It is your map and you should do it to your liking.

I can't decide what looks better at all
Thats why I would like to know what you guys say/like more

I can't decide what looks better at all
Thats why I would like to know what you guys say/like more

Think about 'reality'.
In town, usually there are straight roads.
In the wild it is more likely to be different shapes.

It depends.
Tbh. the combination of #1 can not be done in autoborder and #2 has a very bad choice of grounds and a wierd execution on the borders.
But if you ask if the streets should be straight or wild I can't give a clear answer.
I like straight streets with small variations for cities but door to door connections and small dirt paths for smaller villages or outposts.

2 is way too irregular to use with cobblestone/city grounds. I think some dirt-like sprite would fit better.

I wouldn't use just 1 floor type either - Have a combo of 2 but some city grounds doesn't have too good borders. I would try a combo of Venore Cobblestone or Terracota + something else like shown down here.

1604854325258.png
1604854338749.png

Back