• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which one is the better?

Hellrage

Worr
Reaction score
ACER M5200-5F7G

• AMD Phenom 9500 Quad
  • 4*1 GB memory
  • 500 GB SATA 7200
  • ATI HD3650 512-1919 MB
  • Windows Vista Premium
Price: 6300 SEK (About 670 EUR or 1055 US Dollars)

Packard Bell Imedia X1607

• Intel Quad Q6600
  • 3*1 GB memory
  • 360GB SATA 7200
  • NV GF8600GSGS 512 dedicated
  • Windows Vista Premium
Price: 6000 SEK (About 635 EUR or 1005 US Dollars)

1. Which one is the best (if there is one)
  2. Which graphics card is the best?
  3. How big deal is 1 GB less memory?
  4. Is Intel Quad Q6600 or AMD Phenom better?

Thanks in advance!
Hellrage.

EDIT:
I might also buy the parts separately so if you have any suggestions there please post. AMD or Intel, which graphics card etc...

Last edited:
ye i thought so first since that one was the best i could find in swedish stores for that price but then soulie made me unsure again...

Why not build one yourself? It's quite fun and you will learn a lot of new things ;)

Ye i asked my dad about buying parts separatly but he just said that the big companies buys alot of pieces in a pack and therefore it will get cheaper than for me to buy each part separatly... if you can tell me otherwise then sure go ahead :d

also is it easy to screw a computer up while building it... all ive done so far inside a computer is to remove a wlan card lol...

The thing that's most important is WHAT tasks are you going to run on the computer? Like hardcore gaming, movie editing, Internet browsing, torrents, media pc (silent), multitasking or a good all-rounder?

To answer your question about RAM, unless you're always running lots of programs at the same time, you'll hardly notice any difference between 3 and 4 GBs of RAM. I'd say go for 3 GB, it's better unless you're going to run a 64-bit system.

About graphics-card: I know the cards based on nVidia 8800GT are good and quite cheap. I have no idea on ATI cards.

Using Q6600 myself, but would not recommend to buy it now, since it's getting "outdated". Go for E8400 (45nm, 3 GHz, 2 cores). It's not that expensive (cheaper than Q6600) and it's newer.
Never tried AMD, so can't tell you other than to read reviews.

Ye i asked my dad about buying parts separatly but he just said that the big companies buys alot of pieces in a pack and therefore it will get cheaper than for me to buy each part separatly... if you can tell me otherwise then sure go ahead :d

also is it easy to screw a computer up while building it... all ive done so far inside a computer is to remove a wlan card lol...

You can tell your dad that he's never been more wrong. You can save up to like 300-400 euro on buying parts separately, the exact same parts as the ones you get in a pre-built computer. ;)

AMD is way better in gaming performance then Intel.
Way better isn't the words to use. May be better is more likely the truth, especially when you don't post any sources documenting your statements.

I'd say that Intel's most expensive models are better than AMDs most expensive models. Down in the cheaper segments it can be both ways. Anyways, the graphics card makes just as much difference.

AMD is way better in gaming performance then Intel.
And yes, buy parts. :)

www.komplett.se

(never ever had problem with them, fast delivery and good stuff for low prices. I've bought over 20 things)

All I've heard is that AMD uses its "Hz" better than Intel which is why they have names like AMD 6000+ when it hasnt really 6000 Mhz... They are better in all ways or is it just for gaming? And ye komplett.se was the only page I could remember when it comes to computer stuff only (therefore usually better prices on those things)

The thing that's most important is WHAT tasks are you going to run on the computer? Like hardcore gaming, movie editing, Internet browsing, torrents, media pc (silent), multitasking or a good all-rounder?

I can tell you I have almost no processes going on... using a program called reg organiser and another one called regestry mechanic... they say when my computer starts up the only program starting up except windows stuff is my virusprogram...

If id for example start tibia 7.6 and winamp and play music while i play some ots id get lags on either the music or the game...

To answer your question about RAM, unless you're always running lots of programs at the same time, you'll hardly notice any difference between 3 and 4 GBs of RAM. I'd say go for 3 GB, it's better unless you're going to run a 64-bit system.

All vista is 64 bit, right? And the question if 3 Gb is enought should be more like: Is Nvidia and Intel with 3 Gb or ATI and AMD with 4 Gb the best?

Using Q6600 myself, but would not recommend to buy it now, since it's getting "outdated". Go for E8400 (45nm, 3 GHz, 2 cores). It's not that expensive (cheaper than Q6600) and it's newer.
Never tried AMD, so can't tell you other than to read reviews.

Dont buy a underdeveloped quad, buy a good dual.

So both say quad is not as good as a good dual. But which one is better when it comes to 2-cores, AMD or Intel? And whats the best to get in both categories? E8400 (45nm, 3 GHz, 2 cores) is the best Intel or just very good?

Btw I really gotta say thanks guys your really helping me out!

I can tell you I have almost no processes going on... using a program called reg organiser and another one called regestry mechanic... they say when my computer starts up the only program starting up except windows stuff is my virusprogram...

If id for example start tibia 7.6 and winamp and play music while i play some ots id get lags on either the music or the game...
So generally, you only use your computer to play tibia and music?
All vista is 64 bit, right? And the question if 3 Gb is enought should be more like: Is Nvidia and Intel with 3 Gb or ATI and AMD with 4 Gb the best?
All Vistas (or most of them) comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit. 32-bit is limited to 4 GB of all kinds of memory together. Means both the RAM and GPU memory together wont be more than 4 GB. So, if you use 32-bit, you'll probably just get 3,2 GB with 4 GB of ram.

But back to the main question. If you can only choose between those two options: You will get more for your money on the first option. I'd be going for that. It also got more HD space, which is neccesary if you got lots of music and videos.

Ye basically now all I do is playing tibia and music on my comp... but thats mostly bc my computer cant handle other stuff very good.

ima check out komplett.se now and see what it would cost to buy that computer in parts...

Build-It-Yourself Vs. Pay-And-Play

From komplett.se

AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core 2.2GHz 4MB Cache 1550 SEK
Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2 PC6400 2 x 2GB 800 MHz 750 SEK
Western Digital Caviar GP 500GB SATA2 7200 rpm 16 MB Buffert 675 SEK
XFX GeForce 8800GT 600M 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 2xDVI 1445 SEK
ABIT IP35 PRO XE P35, Socket-775, ATX, 1600FSB, 2xGbLAN, DDR2, 2xPCI-Ex16 1190 SEK
Antec Nine Hundred Black miditower 995 SEK
Fortron Source Blue Storm II 400W, Active PFC, 2xSATA, ATX, PCI-E, 20/24pin 595 SEK

Total 7200 SEK

This would be everything I need to put a working (and hopefully good) computer together? The price would be a little bit too high for me tho :S I think I might aswel buy the Acer and maybe add a graphic card (i think the excisting one is integrated to the motherboard)

Missing:
(if anyhting let me know please)

Last edited:
From komplett.se

AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core 2.2GHz 4MB Cache 1550 SEK
Kingston DDR2 HyperX PC8500 4 x 1GB 1066 MHz 858 SEK
Western Digital Caviar GP 500GB SATA2 7200 rpm 16 MB Buffert 675 SEK
XFX GeForce 8800GT 600M 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 2xDVI 1445 SEK

Total 4528 SEK

Missing:
Motherboard
Soundcard (?)
Probably 1000 more things...
That RAM is overkill delux for your needs. And if you're first buying 4 GB, go for a 2x2GB set. I've got a PC6400 set and it is more than good enough.

Don't forget to buy a case and a PSU (power supply) if it's not included in the case. (I've got this one and I think it's great.)
Soundcard isn't necessary, the on-board sound is more than good enough.
Spend around 1000-1500 SEK on the motherboard.
PSU: You don't need more than 400-500 watts tops. 400 watts should be enough...

The RAM are 2 packs of 2 x 1GB Kingston RAMs... So I can just get 2 x 2 instead? does it make any difference wih one 4 gb or is it just the cheaper the better if they are the same Hz?

Is it hard to match a motherboard or should most motherboards in that price category fit with the other stuff? /\

EDIT: Changed RAM...

Last edited:
Back