• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which OS is best to host on?

Personaly i prefere vista.
so im with you all the way...
and i have overcome enough of my own problems with vista to know exactly what ur saying.

i have a linux machine but i never turn it on anymore.
but i still think its easier to host on linux.
plus people finder it harder to attack

I would go with windows server 2003 or linux - as they were both designed specifically for hosting servers! :D
Also... Windows Server 2003 has low requirements and will do the EXACT same thing as Windows Server 2008.... OT Serv does not take much requiremtns to run and you can use the extra ram fior the ot rather then the os

why if i want to host my server on windows 2008 datacenter it always increase ram and never lower it example
to load a map of 100mb the server go up to 1.8~ gb wand when it load it come back to 1.6~ but my server get up to 2.014 gb and when load go to 2.35 gb
when players start to log in and in about 40 players get 2.46 gb at 2.47 it crash

anyway to fix that?
0.3.5 pl1 windows server 2008 datacenter 32x
95mb map

Back