• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which OS is best to host on?

enriel

Big L
Reaction score
Which OS is best to host on? I can choose between UBUNUT, WINDOWS VISTA, WINDOWS XP and WINDOWS 7? Both for performance and for personal use.. is there anyone that can tell me? Which one is fastest? best? et.c..

Linux Debian 5.0 Stable, i know you can't choose it but it's the best xD

Lixus or windows server

Edit:
UBUNUT or windows XP since of ur options UBUNUT is like linux correct/

okay, thanks for all replies I think I'll choose Ubuntu 9.04 :D, which Linux is the best one? I would love to use it personal also for hosting..

@enriel, well:) If you never worked in Ubuntu, and don't know everything there, better choice windows ^^

Ubuntu doesn't take very long to learn, and it's the best choice for server hosting by far (out of the list you provided.)

As some1 wise said not long ago, "well configured Windows is better than not configured Linux". So everything is based on your knowledge.

I would say this is a perfect choice for hosting......
Definatly dont choose windows Vista

why not, i can host a distro just fine with 300 days uptime, 100% protection against everything just like any other OS.

Just have to edit the registry a bit, and a few other things to make hosting easier.

yes thats always an option.
me personaly i have had untold problems on ma vista.
what im saying is vista has a tendancy to go wrong so although you may be able to get the server up and running fine, that doesnt mean its gonna stay up. something simple like a specific file has been known to go missing from your system 32 folder for no reason and the computers had it.
i have had this problem like 2 times in last 2 years, the first time causing me to lose everything i had,
linux i just find more reliable, plus ubuntu is a piece of piss to host on,
even a "Noob" could do it.

well thats my opinion anyway

Until someone can give me a problem that I cannot fix on vista that wouldnt be an issue on another OS im sticking to vista :)

Im not disagreeing im just saying vistas can be just the same.

Back