• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which programming language to start learning for websites?

I don't think there is one yet :( Sorry bud :S

Php is not a "real" programming language. If you are just starting, you should not make that mistake to take php as your desired language - http://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
I would say go with python, c# (PLENTY of work on the market - also websites). And, well, HTML, as the name says it itself, is a markup, not programming language (nor is javascript, css).

Why not? Free does not mean it suits everyone, neither does a book suit everyone. I liked the way of teaching this book followed so i bought it^^

Don't mind all the haters. I started with HTML, CSS and PHP. What language you ever program in there is still someone who gonna say "oh not that it sux" and so on. Well, start with HTML, CSS and PHP. When you feel that you handle it well, move over to python. But if you look to hook up on the job market I would say stay on PHP.

Don't mind all the haters. I started with HTML, CSS and PHP. What language you ever program in there is still someone who gonna say "oh not that it sux" and so on. Well, start with HTML, CSS and PHP. When you feel that you handle it well, move over to python. But if you look to hook up on the job market I would say stay on PHP.
Ye thats what im planning. However first three are html, css, js because jsis included in my book :)

Ye thats what im planning. However first three are html, css, js because jsis included in my book :)

Yeah, I forgot to say js. Well, if you search any type of mentor when you are stuck, I will be glad to assist you :)

Yeah, I forgot to say js. Well, if you search any type of mentor when you are stuck, I will be glad to assist you :)
Thanks a ton mate! As of now i am on page 120/800 and didnt encounter any major problems, however if i do i will gladly contact you :)
Kind Regards,
Damon

Thanks a ton mate! As of now i am on page 120/800 and didnt encounter any major problems, however if i do i will gladly contact you :)
Kind Regards,
Damon

As someone who has spent 5 years in college studying computer science, please understand the concept in which the book is telling you, not just the code.
Copying code line by line isn't going to get you anywhere. I've met with people who make this exact mistake and end up dropping from the
computer science field because they couldn't distinguish the difference between a while loop and do-while loop, but knows how to write it in code. (THIS IS BAD)

As someone who has spent 5 years in college studying computer science, please understand the concept in which the book is telling you, not just the code.
Copying code line by line isn't going to get you anywhere. I've met with people who make this exact mistake and end up dropping from the
computer science field because they couldn't distinguish the difference between a while loop and do-while loop, but knows how to write it in code. (THIS IS BAD)
I think i know what you mean, however worry not! After learning some new chapters i am always trying to accomplish some own ideas and use it differently than in the book :)
And when the book is finished i will surely do my own project :)
Cheers,
Damon

Back