• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which server build?

SpookieGamer

!@Too Spooky 4 You@!
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, lately I've been wanting to learn some lua scripting and well I've been thinking on making my own custom server. I already have some ideas on what I want this server to be and well I'm not saying that I will be doing this full time, but instead I'm doing it as a hobby.

I'm here to ask for your support. I believe that the first step that I have to take is choosing a server build/datapack etc.. dont know what you call it. I'm thinking on a server version 10.x +.
Which one would be the best and why? If you give me one, please add a link and I'll check it out.
Would be amazing if the server you're linking doesn't have a map or custom scripts already built in, so I can skip all the problems of conflicting ids and stuff....

Thank you in advance.

Yeah, thanks for the reponse,... But I also talked with other people and some say that I should use 0.3.6 because it has some many more things than 1.0, so 1.0 is missing lots of functions... Still undecided...

There's more to 0.3.6 or 0.4 than any other rev, sure thing 1.0 is written better and isn't that messy which makes it runs things smoother and faster. When it comes to support, using older clients and making several scripts 1.0 fails. For someone especially like you that's a bit new to creating your own server i would go for either 0.3.6 or 0.4 cause of 1.0's lack of features, in another way i would i go for 1.0 since it's more stable and less messy. Both have its cons and pros.

There's more to 0.3.6 or 0.4 than any other rev, sure thing 1.0 is written better and isn't that messy which makes it runs things smoother and faster. When it comes to support, using older clients and making several scripts 1.0 fails. For someone especially like you that's a bit new to creating your own server i would go for either 0.3.6 or 0.4 cause of 1.0's lack of features, in another way i would i go for 1.0 since it's more stable and less messy. Both have its cons and pros.
Yeah, that's what it comes to. I want really thinking of 1.0 because of its smoothness, but because of 10.x versions, which I'm thinking of... But I guess I could find some servers somewhere in this forum... Or look for a 9.8....

Back