• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which server location would be the best for europa players?

if you are talking about OVH server, both datacenters has the same hardware and network infrastructure, doesn't matter
the differences will be on network routes to your most players country, and also the distance between them to get a lower ping

if you are talking about OVH server, both datacenters has the same hardware and network infrastructure, doesn't matter
the differences will be on network routes to your most players country, and also the distance between them to get a lower ping

Yea no question but which location would be the best in that case?
Would be good if most players has a good ping and ye its ovh :D

determine first which country you have more players, and get the nearest datacenter for lower ping

btw, network analysis is a very deep job, you can have the nearest datacenter but with bad route, and the opposite too
i dont think that europe network infra has big problems like that, but in americas we have it all the time
an example of it is that miami for brazilians is the lowest ping for NA, but there are a lot of internet providers in brazil with bad route to there

Germany have (overall) the best network infrastructure for Europe and it's (kind of) in the middle of EU.

Unless you have an important number of players from X country - I wouldn't look further.

I prefer Germany because it is in the center of europe compared with others.

I dont understand why so many people pick France instead of Germany that would benefit every1 especially polish players who make up the majority of players.

I dont understand why so many people pick France instead of Germany that would benefit every1 especially polish players who make up the majority of players.

Because network infrastructure there is very good aswell and its still in the middle of Europe, just like Germany is leaning a bit towards the East, France is closer to the West/South West where the big chunk of players from EU are - several MMOs are hosted there for a reason. (FFXIV, WoW) Truth is that Tibia leans more to Eastern countries such as Poland but that doesn't mean they are the only source of players.

If you're aiming for EU like me, then go for Germany considering that it's more in the middle of EU then France. France if you want to aim a lil outside & Eu for 10-25 more Ping depending on how far up you are
Regards,
Joriku

Considering Europa is a moon of Jupiter preferably Jupiter but Mars or Saturn may work too but you have to do some ping tests before.

If you meant Europe instead then I'd go with the Frankfurt location since you will be getting mostly Polish and Swedish perhaps German playerbase and it's the closest location.

Back