• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

who started Open-tibia

yeah old good yurots <3, hermes remember maybe mazurskiOTS?? think it was remaped yurots but dunno if im rite.

Devland was also a good ots, played on many of them.

I know it was not first or maybe not even near it, But Brabexia or something was pretty nice back then when I found out about OTs :)

Snyder was the guy who put the foot in the doorway; but the early parts of that otfans wiki is correct. You can thank Jakexblaster for the first map editor. :p...I can't remember the first server with real multilevel...but I think BlackDemon coded it, as far as I know he was also the first one who had functioning houses in his server.

Snyder was the guy who put the foot in the doorway; but the early parts of that otfans wiki is correct. You can thank Jakexblaster for the first map editor. :p...I can't remember the first server with real multilevel...but I think BlackDemon coded it, as far as I know he was also the first one who had functioning houses in his server.
As far as I remember, Haktivex had his own private Tibia server, where the Del'Toros used to practice their PvP skills, I used to play there, then I was introduced to Fandora and got to know TDA and later OTServ.

Unfortunately I am part of the problem with TDA, Fandora gave me the map editor and the source, I worked on my own server and a friend of mine asked for it, I gave him, he leaked it (remember the same map with the God being a Fire Elemental? Yea, I still have it somewhere in a Floppy, but I don't have floppy drives anymore).

Jakexblaster coded the SECOND map editor, the first with multi-levels. And distributed the code to make your server work with multi-levels, I made it work on mine.
Back then, Tibia 7.1 servers had no stackables, no save, no house system. Me and Vitor started coding save systems, house systems and stackables. But in the meantime, OTServ team was working on 7.4-7.6 already and the stackables system (for them) was already working.

Just for the record, Haktivex's server:
3lHDj.png

3lHFk.png

Experimenting monsters IA
3lHHg.png

Last edited:
you're a little off. Tibia Dark Age is newer than that from what I remember, also if you notice the pics you posted are indeed old, but they are using the newer outfit system which was not implemented till after 7.1 for sure. As you can see with the rune sprites as well...

one of the first OT's released you were able to drag yourself on water and GMs could die. :p You couldn't use a Backpack still.

I know for a fact BD did have the first houses.

Snyder's server is the first open source one I believe, which is what started Otserv. The very first source of Otserv was for 6.x (started by shivoc and later joined by tliff). The first release was for 7.1. (It's been a while though so I might be off)

However, How2doit and reebow both had working servers with battle systems way before even TDA.

TDA is known for the first battle system in 7.1 (I still remember getting one of the first leaks and having a ton of ppl connect while I was on 56k).

TDA became really popular around 7.4 because it had a lot of features OT did not have (multilevel, etc.)

Reebow aka Cardin is a dbag :p. TibiaRules did a lot of that work for him; as a slavedawg pretty much...

and hello Jopirop :eek:

How2DoIt and reebows servers definitely had battle systems first. They were a big inspiration for getting them into OT. I wrote the original crossbow battle system for OT and Fandoras wrote a more fully featured one for TDA.

What was the biggie with stackable system? It isn't that hard once your brain processes the logic behind it.

Well, my little "changelogs":
Code:
March:
I am start reverse Tibia engine for make a little localized game for self.
September:
Client packets tracked & decoded. Starting works on Server side.
2004 - hard development
April: First playable alpha version named Darkonia RPG.
hexed client, added CP1251 russian language. (changes game title, client words).
Created Map Editor with own binary based format.
2005:
Released first Russian OT Server(Pre-Ellestia Kingdoms).
Russian OT server has been developed at same time with WoT and TDA. But him not "popular" as those both servers, cuz - only russian language (hexed client). Also, in past, our community has been here: www.worldoftibia.ru (from 2010 year this webpage broken, and seems dead).

Back