• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why can I see char list but not login?

Romantix

Omnipotent
Reaction score
As the title suggest's.

User's can login, see the account manager and character list but cannot login into the game to play.

Port's are forwarded, have no firewall.

What are some of the thing's that could be preventing authentication?

Version: TFS 0.2.7 / Tibia 8.60

Many Thanks,

Romantix

Last edited:
Are you 100% sure that ports(7171/2) are open?
If you are using windows, check antivirus/firewall or Linux check ip-tables otherwise you have an error in console or your distribution fail, try changing for another distro.

If the ports weren't forwarded I would not be able to externally access OT right?

I don't have a firewall -- (Windows Firewall? This has been disabled)

I have immunity errors in console although thats it.

Why can everyone on the LAN login completely?

I need someone who knows probable causes. You unfortunately did not provide any logical response.

If the ports weren't forwarded I would not be able to externally access OT right?

I need someone who knows probable causes. You unfortunately did not provide any logical response.

Dude those are the probable causes, in some cases you only have to disable antivirus firewall because they block connections, windows firewall its different from antivirus firewall.
You have to disable antivirus firewall for x time, for example:

In Ots, Otserv, Open Tibia Server - OtsList.eu
When I have 7171/7172 ports forwarded, my global ip in config.lua, server running and my antivirus firewall(ESET Smart 5) running it says:
Port 7172 (People can not see their character list)
Port 7171 (People can not join your server)

Same as above just with antivirus firewall disabled:
Port 7172 (People can see their character list)
Port 7171 (People can join your server)

Antivirus firewall might be the problem, also 7171 is for tibia and 7172 is for loggin server, you might have a problem with one of them.

If you want help from people you can ask that with RESPECT dickface

@up, I agree with that.

But if people can login to the character list but not to the game its or you didn't forward port 7172, or there is something wrong in your config.lua.
So look in your config.lua if you use your global ipadres (ip from What Is My IP - Shows Your IP Address) and be sure that the ports are like this.
Lua:
	loginProtocolPort = 7171
	gameProtocolPort = 7172
	adminProtocolPort = 7171
	statusProtocolPort = 7171
There is almost no chance that a program/firewall/something is blocking the port because then it would block 7171 too.

thank you..
liuhan1.jpg

liuhan2.jpg

liuhan3.jpg

Back