• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why Core-Series (RetroCores - MasterCores) is dying?

Morrison

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
none
Hi OtLanders... some time ago i played Core-Series but now all my friend are retired...
What did they do wrong??

- I take it as a lesson for future projects

Back in the days when I played biggest guilds dropped the server, cause one guild was basically wiped out for some not obvious rule enforcement, while the other guilds were not harmed at all. Later on Marcus created a website where he was selling runes and items/cash for rl money. It was quite obvious that it was his work since even the sourcecode was similar (same libraries etc). Also he has a tendency to add some modern shit into the game without any introduction and conversation with players, like stackable runes and strong/ultimate potions.

Marcus does not care about the players, within 2 years he has set up like atleast 10 worlds, merging them after a while and opening new ones.

He launches retrocores and does not want to bring out updates because he wants it to stay “retro”, but releasing liberty bay without any quest line and teleports to different islands is retro?

He goes MIA for 1-1.5month and brings out updates to his so called core system, with bugs to the game(for example, point scrolls were bugged and not added to the account when used in-game for atleast 2 weeks)

He introduces “Mysteriandos” with retarded logic and when nobody can solve them, he logs in on his char called Malekiz and solves The Horned Helmet with Lee on stream.

This proves that one guy can’t run 2 servers on his own, he has such a huge EGO. Everything he says, he believes and thinks that it is the best decision.

Do not waste your time on his servers.

Too bad there's never will be a server like Shadowcores/Icechaw/Moonhawk/Ambera 860 and Hexana.
Unless they post their data pack so we can run it and make OTserver great again.

Last edited:
Also because he (RetroCores) stopped hosting them in Europe. Many ppl don't wanna play with delay. His last successful server was hosted in Europe (most players online atleast)

Back