• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why do people keep watching movies like SAW?

flaite1

"Senior Fish"
Reaction score
Seriously, they are disgusting and incredibly morbid and sadistic. Seeing the first 2 when i was 13 (4 years ago) left me with irrational fear until these days. The portraying of satanic orientated torture should not be commercialized as entertainment. Why does the law prevent film-makers from showing (for example) explicit rape scenes or nudity, but the worst possible humanitarian circumstances of torture and terror are legally shown in cinemas everyday; even to innocent kids, as if showing a human get skinned alive has higher ethic than showing naked women.

Prevented from coherently absorbing this magnum stupidity, i present truth.

Well, if you had listened to the "only adults may watch this movie" thingy, you wouldn't have an irrational fear.

dYHqc.jpg

The portraying of satanic orientated torture should not be commercialized as entertainment.
>satanic orientated torture
*facepalm*

>should not be commercialized as entertainment
That's like old people saying "vydia gemzzz shuld nut be considered entertaining, theyrrehh violehnt, blody n stuf ew gros. also just cuz y'kno just kuz kuz i dun lik it bwohoho". Or religious people blaming other religions just because they believe theirs is the sole and only truth, when in reality (at least in Abrahamic religions) they're literally praying to the same god. ;_;

Why does the law prevent film-makers from showing (for example) explicit rape scenes or nudity, but the worst possible humanitarian circumstances of torture and terror are legally shown in cinemas everyday; even to innocent kids, as if showing a human get skinned alive has higher ethic than showing naked women.
Because law makers reached an understanding (they're stupid in my opinion, btw. If it was in my hands there would be no censorship in TV/radio/internet unless *insert almost improbable scenario here* happens.)? I don't know much about the laws in Chile, but I'm pretty sure (at least over here) they're kind of straightforward... you know; PG13, 18+, etc. Hell, even bestiality is legal in some countries... y'kno, fucking a dog or a horse.

"as if showing a human get skinned alive has higher ethic than showing naked women"
Spoiler alert: Movies are not real (for the most part). They do not murder people in order to make them. Everything is alright, relax, take a deep breath.

Nope.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Mark Twain

Seriously, they are disgusting and incredibly morbid and sadistic. Seeing the first 2 when i was 13 (4 years ago) left me with irrational fear until these days. The portraying of satanic orientated torture should not be commercialized as entertainment. Why does the law prevent film-makers from showing (for example) explicit rape scenes or nudity, but the worst possible humanitarian circumstances of torture and terror are legally shown in cinemas everyday; even to innocent kids, as if showing a human get skinned alive has higher ethic than showing naked women.

What irrational fear? for what?

This is not a surprising thread, really... Specially coming from a guy who believed in a conspiracy that all the governments all go to some group in which have more power than God him self. Which in my opinion is a self-contradicting belief, there for i can obviously state that any argument you withhold inside your mind is as meaningful as my cat shitting before peeing, or viceversa. Any opinion of yours does not make any sense, as, you always end up contradicting your self or trying to impose a religion or deity on places you can't handle with your feeble logic.

Just because you don't find certain things desirable, others do. So you must respect, as your commandments state(Just throwing that ignorant comment because I clearly don't know about your religion, and not interested in knowing).

If you want to have a debate on something like the "SAW" movies, better settle your mind first about your own, sick, pathetic, psychotic, meaningless, absurd, just a disgrace to every free thinker, views that you hold.

"Primer post, si queires decirme algo, dimelo. Si vas a intentar de aprender palabras solo para intentar de esconer tu logica estupida. Mejor no lo agas."

Last edited:
This is not a surprising thread, really... Specially coming from a guy who believed in a conspiracy that all the governments all go to some group in which have more power than God him self. Which in my opinion is a self-contradicting belief, there for i can obviously state that any argument you withhold inside your mind is as meaningful as my cat shitting before peeing, or viceversa. Any opinion of yours does not make any sense, as, you always end up contradicting your self or trying to impose a religion or deity on places you can't handle with your feeble logic.

Just because you don't find certain things desirable, others do. So you must respect, as your commandments state(Just throwing that ignorant comment because I clearly don't know about your religion, and not interested in knowing).

If you want to have a debate on something like the "SAW" movies, better settle your mind first about your own, sick, pathetic, psychotic, meaningless, absurd, just a disgrace to every free thinker, views that you hold.

"Primer post, si queires decirme algo, dimelo. Si vas a intentar de aprender palabras solo para intentar de esconer tu logica estupida. Mejor no lo agas."
Love your last sentence :D he uses a lot of nice words all of the sudden but the text still sounds stupid.

I was lulzing all the way through SAW.

jioj897.jpg

SAW is beast, because of the games they think of.
Im like a horror movie fanatic. sry baws.

Seriously, they are disgusting and incredibly morbid and sadistic.
Disgusting and morbid, yeah probably. Sadistic? elaborate that.

Seeing the first 2 when i was 13 (4 years ago) left me with irrational fear until these days.
Irrational fear for what? elaborate.
The portraying of satanic orientated torture should not be commercialized as entertainment.
Why not?

Why does the law prevent film-makers from showing (for example) explicit rape scenes or nudity, but the worst possible humanitarian circumstances of torture and terror are legally shown in cinemas everyday; even to innocent kids, as if showing a human get skinned alive has higher ethic than showing naked women.
Good question. I don't know much about the laws surrounding what you can and cannot portray in movies. Is it illegal to portray rape in movies or show nudity in them or is it the norm? nudity and also rape can be seen in various movies. I think this has more to do with making the movie as "suitable" as possible so it targets the broadest audience possible. Rape is really against the norm and controversial, the movie will get butchered by critics and what not if it includes it. Does it make sense? probably not but that's how it is now.

You may want to use other phrasings and words if you want to discuss this on an Open Tibia forum... you know, adapt to the audience ;)

Back