• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Why is free speech dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom22

The Chosen
Reaction score
Dear Phantom22,

You have received a warning at OtLand.

Reason:
-------
Offensive language

Watch your mouth, insults won't do anything good.
-------

Original Post:
http://otland.net/f15/why-free-spee...ad-165049/f251/what-happened...0/#post1590330
Are you that blind, neon came on here flaming us... and I responded to deflate his ego, sometimes I wonder about how people precieve things on the internet or whether they have any social graces what so ever. I said it once and I will say it again Im out i got too much work todo to sit and flame back and fourth, neons being jerk end of story anyone that can put someone down for asking for help is a bully in my eyes. Thats what these forums are for to help. just take it for what its worth I am sure neon is a good dude, but hes disgruntled and i would be too if i spent a year making a custom server and never got to see it reach full fruition because of a frank farmers release that basically saturated the open tibia community these are all true but whats also true is neons a dick and he shouldn't be putting anybody down. Life's too short to get caught up in the trolls so imma do it for the lawls and go back to work. see ya boys :p
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
OtLand

Let's examine this thread very carefully and look at how many times neon insulted any person who was,
1. New to the forums
2. asked for help with scripts or any advice
3. Didnt think the way he did
4. Has/owns a RL map server

Now lets examine my warning. I clearly was rebutting against his post making a logical argument which is what his thread was "an argument thread about how much he basically hates all of otland and the open tibia community"

And then Xenios warns me and starts deleting posts including a newer member that seen the injustice in his moderating.

I am not looking for sympathy, just understanding. I have seen multiple released data-packs with databases and i have seen mods support this behavior, I really would like some answers why people can't speak there mind even in a constructive manner.

I also would like to request the warning be withdrawn because I feel it was not just. The entire warning screams hypocrisy.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'd give you a warning for making such retarded thread.

Live with it.

Well I believe in one thing and that's karma, You may not think what you did was wrong neon but someone somewhere is watching all of this and whether it be a stranger you pass by in the street or as simple as eating the wrong type of thing it will come for you, Just remember, karmas a motherfucker.

I understand what i said could be picked apart because of the way i worded it but it doesn't make any of what you said right, or anything the mod did removing posts and such.
in this case I left a moderator open to warn me, did he yes even after peroxide has read the same post yesterday when i made it and was participating in the conversation himself. that comment sat on the shelf for many hours before someone started getting on neon about his topic then suddenly xenios comes out guns blazing modifying posts and deleting posts and stuff.

it is what it is, none of it is right and it's just the degradation of otland one post/thread at a time..

over and out!

Well I believe in one thing and that's karma, You may not think what you did was wrong neon but someone somewhere is watching all of this and whether it be a stranger you pass by in the street or as simple as eating the wrong type of thing it will come for you, Just remember, karmas a motherfucker.

I understand what i said could be picked apart because of the way i worded it but it doesn't make any of what you said right, or anything the mod did removing posts and such.
in this case I left a moderator open to warn me, did he yes even after peroxide has read the same post yesterday when i made it and was participating in the conversation himself. that commebnt sat on the shelf for many hours before someone started getting on neon about his topic then suddenly xenios comes out guns blazing modifying posts and deleting posts and stuff.

it is what it is, none of it is right and it's just the degradation of otland one post/thread at a time..

over and out!

@First bold: Nor might you

@Second bold: Karma might get offended, don't dis karma.

@Third bold: I'm not a moderator on the discussion board.

in this case I left a moderator open to warn me, did he yes even after peroxide has read the same post yesterday when i made it and was participating in the conversation himself. that comment sat on the shelf for many hours before someone started getting on neon about his topic then suddenly xenios comes out guns blazing modifying posts and deleting posts and stuff.

over and out!

Dear god.. maybe I shouldn't have pissed off that homeless guy.

@First bold: Nor might you

@Second bold: Karma might get offended, don't dis karma.

@Third bold: I'm not a moderator on the discussion board.

At least you keep it light peroxide <3 got me over here rollin on that one lol

Imma be real honest with you now.
I couldn't care less.

Freedom of speech!!!!

Scrap all rules, we must say what we feel and however we want to say it in whatever manner we want!!!!

You think you can do that in real life? Goodluck! Let's protest.

Just like rl, you're opinions won't matter.
Just like the internet, you're opinions won't matter.

You're a nobody, I'm a nobody, 95% of the universe is a nobody, deal with it.

Who gives a fuck about freedom of speech seriously, no one will take your opinion in, unless they have a gun to their head.

:ninja: watch out admins and mods. =/

No rly, I didn't even read your post, just read the title. Sorry for any misleading post.

Uhm..? I just read a thread were some people were trying to ruin it. I simply do my task and some posts got modified and people got warned by me so in the hope the actual discussion continues and some posts got deleted because some people felt the need to make some off-topic posts. And now you're complaining here. And now I'm going to close it because enough has been said. If you would like to talk about it in private via PM's then let me know, I or another global moderator can re-open this.

And now this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back