• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why is TFS 0.4 for premium only if?

So you support stolen work?

I use it too, for testing only, this is how I made my datapack awesome that much, u mad bro?
Also, this is not stolen, look at TFS docs, LICENSE file:
The GNU General Public License is a free, copyleft license for
software and other kinds of works.

The licenses for most software and other practical works are designed
to take away your freedom to share and change the works.
By contrast,
the GNU General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom to
share and change all versions of a program--to make sure it remains free
software for all its users.
At least one of their members paid to access private subversion so otland makes profit on it anyway.

Only posting it on otland may result punishements, this is why:

rules:
5. Sensitive data:
You may not share sensitive data of other users without their permission.

subversion page:
Premium users are of course free to redistribute our development versions of projects under GNU General Public License as stated in the license, but at the cost of their premium subscription as our intention is to keep this material private. It is only kept private until it is mature enough to be tagged as a release which makes it available to everyone in our public subversion.

@replies in thread
You guys have to understand, TFS 0.4 is a project unfinished, that's why is not released to public.
We know there are some leaks, but that leaks have bugs.
It's as stable as user's scripts, at least modified versions(a.k.a necron, alissow).

Well hopefully 1.0 comes soon then =d ill convert the small things that aren't compatible
If you have custom spellpack and monsters, more than 10 mods and custom libs you're gonna have a bad time.

TL;DR : it's legal to share, edit, use it, but sharing may result your "premium user" status removal and/or banishement on otland.

Last edited:
I don't use mods, its a stupid feature to me.
But yeah I'm talking about after the conversion to 1.0 if it had made enough change.

But renaming it is like claiming it as your own. I guess I didn't look to see if they give credit.

actually it's good when you're updating your server items.xml from time to time
I wrote server_items mod that overrides all items defined in it so I don't need to do it manually everytime I'm updating my server to newer client version.
This is only reason why I'm not using 0.2 yet.

0.2 development is continuing in trunk and the next release will be 1.0, (0.2 will probably be removed from branches once 1.0 is released?). As it looks right now it won't be 100% compatible with 0.3 scripts, (Please correct me if I'm wrong about this).

TFS 1.0 will have more 0.3.7 compatibility and features as opposed 0.2. And now there seems to be a "0.5" in the SVN, which I imagine is another version/branch of 1.0.

So you limit access to prevent other developers from eventually finishing it? :)

The idea was to limit access to a smaller group because it wasn't production-ready, anyone who has been interested in contributing could just have contacted me for developer access. The idea failed when the main developers of 0.4 went inactive and people started donating to OtLand with the sole purpose of getting access to the mess they now are stuck with. Anyone is free to do what they want with it right now (as long as it complies with the license) as we're moving to a more open platform. I just won't be the one to publish it because I don't want people to use it when there isn't anyone to maintain it.

TFS 1.0 will have more 0.3.7 compatibility and features as opposed 0.2. And now there seems to be a "0.5" in the SVN, which I imagine is another version/branch of 1.0.

1.0 will not guarantee compatibility with anything that isn't very reasonable and can be done at a low cost, maintaining compatibility means ugly code and stops us from moving forward. I have already dropped significant features in 1.0 that were in 0.2.15 (GUI, Ingame Account Manager, SQLite, Ingame Guild Management). Dalkon will be maintaining a compatibility branch based on 1.0, from what I have heard it is compatible with most, if not all 0.3.7 scripts, and the amount of code from his branch that will actually be merged into 1.0 remains to see when he is ready to publish it.

I don't know what the intention is with 0.5, all I know is that Tryller forked it from 0.2.15 or an outdated copy of 1.0 and renamed it from branches/tryller/ to branches/0.5/.

i lost mind you use 0.3. why don't use 0.4 branche? have more useful functions for example onLook and more onther function in lua

0.4 was a mess, 0.3 is the same as 0.4 but a little bit better.
And as Talaturen has mentioned about Dalkon's version, it will BLOW your mind away (for those that like 0.3/0.4).

i lost mind you use 0.3. why don't use 0.4 branche? have more useful functions for example onLook and more onther function in lua

There will be time for everything. Let them maintain basic functions first.
0.4 and 0.3.7 had many things we'll miss(such as moving items from distance and not hardcoded groups), but from what I see they're doing everything to make the engine light as feather and quicker than any open-source ot engine created so far.

Actions are awful, I suggest you picking basic scripts from 0.3.7, which has ready music.lua, better questsystem, better door system, etc.
Of course, if you have rights to do it. Personally I'll merge my datapack with 1.0 data to make the best composition.

I'm testing 1.0 now and from what I see you can make all scripts compatible with TFS and other engines by adding missing functions and compats to global.lua so you don't need to rewrite your codes one by one
I managed to run my token store on it after adding some missing alternatives such as:
Lua:
doCreatureSetStorage = setPlayerStorageValue
doPlayerSetStorageValue = setPlayerStorageValue
getCreatureStorage = getPlayerStorageValue
function getItemArticleById(itemid)
return getItemInfo(itemid).article
end
function getItemPluralNameById(itemid)
return getItemInfo(itemid).plural
end
getItemNameById = getItemName
getItemWeightById = getItemWeight
getItemDescriptionsById = getItemDescriptions
getItemInfo = getItemDescriptions

I will be putting together a very comprehensive tutorial on converting 0.3/0.4 datapacks over to Dalkon's compatibility version of 1.0 (and hopefully just 1.0 in general).

The transition should be relatively smooth by the time it's ready for production.

Back
Top Bottom