• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why the private server is dying and otland is dying with them?

OTcreator

Solutions
Reaction score
As in the topic.
Why are private servers dying?
There are fewer and fewer of them and people are no longer interested in the projects as before.
The same thing is happening with Otland.
Fewer and fewer answers to questions, less and less help.
A certain era seems to be coming to an end....

What do you think about all this?

Because people do not have as much time as they had before
Your alt accounts are banned, nobody wanted your neravia and now you are here to ask why tibia/otland is dying
Close topic
Ty

Because people do not have as much time as they had before
Your alt accounts are banned, nobody wanted your neravia and now you are here to ask why tibia/otland is dying
Close topic
Ty

Yes they were banned, but not because of the server, but for not following the rules.
Secondly, I do not pay attention to such accounts, so to some of them I do not remember logins or passwords.
In addition, the topic is in the discussion section, so why should I close it?
In the past here was much more help from users currently most do not speak up hence the topic for discussion.
----------------------------------------------------------
(By the way. I don't see that you own any server.
I created the whole thing myself, I learned with the help of otland forum users.
From editing HTML to writing scripts in lua.
Plus a lot of mapping.
Everything that is built in OTS was done by me, without it.
I am proud of what I was able to learn and create on my own).

Last edited:
Every year, we gather 'round like in Christmas to discuss the eternal topic of "Why Otland and Tibia are on life support," and it's been like a never-ending sitcom rerun for decades. Yet, somehow, like the undying Gaz'Haragoth or the Kim Jong Un, Tibia remains as unkillable as that one annoying cockroach

Wow people quit old and outdated game and pay2win servers, what a shock (btw, rl tibia got more ppl online now than before pandemic).

As in the topic.
There are fewer and fewer of them and people are no longer interested in the projects as before.

OTLand is not dead
Tibia Servers are not dead

Im not interested in boring rpg maps with 1x experience :D
Im not interested in otc with 7 milions buttons inside the client :D
Im not interested in server which not allow botting at all :D
Im not interested in p2w servers

I dont have that much free time to stay 8 days online in a row to reach level 10 :D

I have seen many good ots going well even with all kind of client support ( 7x, 8x, 10x, 13x )-

You should just stop spending about 3 years in creating a server which is still more buged than 0.3.6 TFS :D

My opinion

Special thanks goes to people of TFS Team and all Supporters of OTLand

Last edited:
As in the topic.

name another game that has more than 25 years ONLINE! and still is open.
and otservers come from tibia because tibia WAS hard.
last years tibia has become more "fun" they learned this and now they open new servers every couple of months.
i did start the last new server and reached level 100 in 3 days! so.. why im gonna play a OT with 20 people online? and with a greedy owner?
also tibia now has items for levels 600+! is like Now the new OT is tibia.
Like one user above just said, tibia has more players this year than 2020 pandemic. (22k players last week)

so 22k players means 22.000 premiums per months, so make your calculations.. (this is just the premium) im not talking about outfits/store stuff, house decos etc.

so any game with that quantity will last for more years, and every year tibia become more "fun" "easy" more "OT"
thats why otserver is dying.

another factor is the players are getting 25, 30, 35+ years old. so life happen! the same here in otland!

Folks, to put an end to the discussions claiming "the Open Tibia community is dying," I suggest we look at the psychology behind these statements. When someone makes such a comment, it usually reflects more on their own frustrations in successfully managing an OTServ than on the current state of the community. It's not an objective assessment; it's a mirror of the commenter's personal experiences.

Peace!

I think you are living under a rock if that's what you think is happening :D

There are only few people left that are willing to spend their free time helping leechers. Others moved on or realized that there is no point in it, we are still here, just less vocal.

The community went into the direction of monetization, there is no point in helping people, because they don't learn and rarely contribute back, they just want profit off your kind heart. It's not dying, it's just different, it's more serious, people open servers to earn money other are still very passionate about creating something unique, even if based off tibia.

Just look how many very unique servers are there, how can you say it's dying? Because we moved from the download and run xml yurots on the same exact map on 15 servers?
Everyone who helped people in this community, will sooner or later conclude that there is no point in that. You can share your knowledge, but people don't want to learn, they want the solution. I was really active in forums for a good amount of time and in general in community, pushing free codes, creating projects, helping people, but all you get for doing that is more and more abuse, some people are thankful others not.

I wouldn't say it's dying though, because it's still very active, but nowadays you won't get free codes from everyone, because the scale of the leecher abuse is too high.
For the same reason I stopped helping and generally being active here, but I never moved on, I'm still developing and still passionate about it, just like when I started.

The thing that changed is you have to actually work and get the knowledge to run an open tibia server. People may confuse this with the community being dead, because you can't join download free and working server and put it up in 5 minutes. Time's changed.

Not dead, there are multiple projects going on. Project threads on otland might not be as active as before, as many project use discord server to show updates, including my own..

Otland has been one of the top contributers when it comes to me learning to code. I’ve been a member here for years, only mapping, not contributed to much to be honest, a map piece or two.. Last year i wanted to continue my project and learn coding. It was hard, but Otland has assisted me on that.

I’m looking through support and request from time to time to see if im capable of helping with my knowledge.

First of all, thank you all for your valuable contributions.
Second , I cannot agree that I created this post because my server did not conquer the world.
I created it out of fondness for the old days.
There was not a hint of P2W there.
No SMS SHOP.
Low rate etc.
I didn't spend a penny on advertising.

Regarding learning... I never added a post with help , if I did not try to solve the topic myself.
I simply created a topic because a lot of posts are left unanswered.
I know that little time someone has now to play on low rate servers without a bot, but cash makers etc. is zero justice...

Back