• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why there is SQL and NOT XML!

Some people might say SQL sucks and all but let me tell you this, I use MySQL and SQLite. it's a piece of cake once you learn the program, trust me. The Best SQLite tool I use is Called 'SQLite Expert Personal'
If you want to use MySQL then its a little harder for you newbies, It's Called XAMPP. Look it up, find a tutorial :p

I quit OTs for about a year because I couldn't figure out SQL servers, but that's because I was on OTfans. I came to OTland and (forgot which) read a tutorial on it and learned it quite nicely. Now I definitely prefer it.

Red

SQL is very easy to learn and use.
Once you learn to use SQL, you can manage your server much quicker than an XML server.

SQL is easily hackable. Make sure you secure you SQL servers before you open an OT.

@widnet:
Don't call someone noob, XML is very usefull library.

Me..
Anyways, most of people like xml more because its the first one they try and when they switch to sql and they don't find players and account folder they gte in panic.
I felt that to.
But now i'm a SQL pro ^_^

SQL is a far more structured Data Base. you are extremely limited when you use XML. Theres no point in putting that restriction on :p SQL is the way to go for sure.

I like SQL and XML, but custom binary files are better(experience in c/c++) :)

In the past i liked XML since it was easier to understand for me.( I was there maybe 14 years old? xD). But now I like SQL, it's easy to handle, got many features etc...

I miss the shitty XML servers. OT was fun at that time :(

Back