• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why

Marko999x

999x era
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

What's the reason behind it?
Its confusing in my opinion
Why would u change something that has always worked without problems over the years :D

Resources is so much better to handle this stuff, you can find things a lot more easier and for the people publishing things it's a lot better to maintain their stuff.
You can do versioning which is quite good if you want to submit something for several different distros or keeping it up to date without erasing older versions.
That means you don't have to scroll through a thread with 50 answers just to find the newest version of whatever you want to have.

I see so much threads at the forum where half of the stuff posted in the entrance post doesn't even work or is heavily outdated, it also happens often enough that people just create support threads in the wrong place, which now cannot happen anymore.
Can't even think of a downside of this system right now, other than having to click on the resources button at top.

I also like how we include [tfs] we can do same for [nodejs] for otbm2json etc its just nice :) easy to look through and cleaner no unnecessary bumping. However comments are used to debug errors so should be kept!
Post automatically merged:

The only thing is on mobile i have to press menu which is really unnatural (many people wont see it) it would be great to have something on top bar for mobile like a download arrow?
We need to treat end user like an idiot because i am one

I find this feature to be highly commendable. For instance, it allows the posting of code for a designated period, ranging from a few days to several weeks. In the event of encountering any script bugs, the option to edit and update the topic is readily available, ensuring prompt rectification. This serves as a valuable deterrent against comment spam. Another noteworthy aspect is the ability to modify and enhance the topic as needed. This improved functionality is a significant improvement. In the past, the absence of an 'edit' button after 24 hours meant that once a topic was posted, it couldn't be further edited, resulting in the necessity to resort to comments, leading to an influx of spam and unfavorable remarks.

1715944937510.png

I find this feature to be highly commendable. For instance, it allows the posting of code for a designated period, ranging from a few days to several weeks. In the event of encountering any script bugs, the option to edit and update the topic is readily available, ensuring prompt rectification. This serves as a valuable deterrent against comment spam. Another noteworthy aspect is the ability to modify and enhance the topic as needed. This improved functionality is a significant improvement. In the past, the absence of an 'edit' button after 24 hours meant that once a topic was posted, it couldn't be further edited, resulting in the necessity to resort to comments, leading to an influx of spam and unfavorable remarks.

View attachment 84714
Agreed problem is forums are outdated and discord took over but then again corruption of OTA and such makes otland the better one. and it feels unnatural to have no live feed of chat anymore especially when you are sharing ideas and toughts. We need chatbox on otland!

Back