• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Will an audio chat be possible?

The question was basic, whether it was possible or not and whether there was anyone willing to take the plunge. I have a server and I play with friends, few external players play, I didn't ask whether or not it was a good idea, but rather whether it was possible, even on a small scale. Anyway, thank you everyone, but you already understand

IDK how sound processing went from 2020 to 2024.
For sure we do not want to process any sound on OTS (too much load on single CPU app). It must be off-loaded to some external server.

Skype did it - what you described - and sold for $8.5kkk in 2011 (P2P audio-video network).
Microsoft bought it and moved all client-side hosting/processing to server-side hosting/processing to hide IPs of users.

Add working noise reduction in Client and you got 1kkk$ company in 2024 ex. TeamSpeak.
If you got any working open source solution for this - even just for Windows - feel free to post. I would like to implement it in some OTClient/OTS.

TeamSpeak
: 6 kb/s output/input to get all players clear voice (up to 100+ on single channel, server - VPS - merge voices into single sound stream; client removes all background sounds)
Open source (often designed for 2-5 connections): XX-XXXX kb/s output/input to get all players voice with all background sounds (noise)

TeamSpeak: full user/channel management by server
Open source: authentication? users? channels? not implemented

I must say, I never used TeamSpeak for any public OTS (only on 1-4 players test servers). With 100+ its price went to 30$+ per month and no OTS is able to pay it (why? they have free Discord!).
but I've discussed TS/other software with many OTSes and only option is TS (or Discord).
with current cheating and botting i think discord login authentication is way to go where player can display all his characters inside the OTclient with loader for all servers(client downloader,ots list, discord login, player reputation) it would be great benefit to community to move off from otservlist and create something better using discord e.g FiveM alike but for Tibia. it would once and for all get rid of botters e.g low trust factor players not allowed on servers and what not.

Back